• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Simba -Updated 6th October-Doing Well :-)

Thank you for the Simba update, Jane. :) Sweet wee bub, I hope he keeps going from strength to strength. :love:
Still working on my guesses for Morse's tail and ears. Will try to send them by tomorrow. ;)

Simba still eating well and even had the energy and enthusiasm today to dig in the new hay I put in for him - doesn't seem to eat any of it but a dig is better than nothing!
He still looks terrible - so so skinny with very patchy fur and one of his front legs is almost completely bald. But his eyes aren't shut all the time any more - still most of the time but not all.
I am thinking of maybe having his dental done Friday, even if he is not up to the weight I would like him to be - it's a bit of a catch 22 situation he is never going to get properly better while his teeth are bad but has to be well enough to take an anaesthetic x

Simba still eating well and even had the energy and enthusiasm today to dig in the new hay I put in for him - doesn't seem to eat any of it but a dig is better than nothing!
He still looks terrible - so so skinny with very patchy fur and one of his front legs is almost completely bald. But his eyes aren't shut all the time any more - still most of the time but not all.
I am thinking of maybe having his dental done Friday, even if he is not up to the weight I would like him to be - it's a bit of a catch 22 situation he is never going to get properly better while his teeth are bad but has to be well enough to take an anaesthetic x

Poor poor Simba, I really hope all goes well on Friday. I can see the awful dilemma you are facing. If you don't do the dental Simba doesn't have a good chance of improving.

I'm not completely clued up on this but my exotic vets have a different anaesthetic for the smaller animals that is safer. They used this for my chinchilla. I wonder if you could ask about this?

I wondered where the Simba updates had gone - I was missing him!

Glad to hear he is slowly, but surely improving. As soon as I get paid on Friday, I will be making a donation for his treatment and care - I only have £2 left until then :oops: I over spent this month (well the OH did on my behalf :roll:)

I'm not completely clued up on this but my exotic vets have a different anaesthetic for the smaller animals that is safer. They used this for my chinchilla. I wonder if you could ask about this?

Thanks Jenova, that's kind - it's not so much the actual anaesthetic I am worried about as our vets are very experienced anaesthetising very poorly rabbits and I know they know their stuff - just whether he has the strength to cope or if he has any underlying health issues which would make it risky. I will make a decision Friday morning. Big responsibility to make the right choice.
He certainly looks strong enough at the moment - he is throwing his food bowl across his cage! No way would he have had the strength to do that before.

Gill came in to see him again today - she took his photos last Wednesday - she said he had improved a huge amount. She is going to update his pictures on Facebook later x

I'm sure whatever your gut feeling is will be right. He sounds like he's improved a lot, hoping so much that too much damage hasn't been done already but he sounds like fighter!

Oh yes a definate improvement, especially his ears and tufts on his head. :love: Also Simba has his eyes open, instead of looking half asleep.

Back