• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I move riley...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How am I supposed to change clothes everytime I go from the garden to my bedroom? I'm in and out all day and the smell would probably be in my hair etc aswell.

I don't know how. :? Just that it's a bad idea to bring the smell of another bun into a room with two unspayed does. They should be fine whilst they're this young, but from as young as 12 weeks they could get their hormones, and if they smell another bun on you they would really fight!!

No.

I would find out for definate if Riley is neutered. Where did he come from? Why do you think he has been?

This is going to end up with an 'accidental litter' if you arent careful.

But the females will be spayed before they're actually bonded with Riley.

The babies are still very young, I'd worry an unknown rabbit in close proximity would stress them. Also if they fight between bars you may find they won't bond. After Mini and Nutmeg fought Nutmeg never really trusted the lops anymore, and depending on how you divide your room their may be space for nips between bars. Nutmeg still gets antsy with Smudge if she sees, smells or even hears the lops. I think by rushing things you risk ending up with three unbondable rabbits and Riley will still be alone.

And if you keep them far apart, then Riley won't be able to jump into their area and get them pregnant. So, Riley indoors, babies outdoors, vet checks, vaccinations, neutering, then waiting, then bonding.

You said it wouuldn't be months I said if you were doing "dateing" once a week it would be until you get them spayed for bonding!

I think the poster meant if Riley turns out not be neutered and he gets out of the pen/the baby buns get into it once their older if you do dates with them they could breed I think. Why is their unsurity about Riley's neutering? I think you got him from some one who told you he's neutered I'm guessing? Has the vet checked him when he'd been for a vaccination? xx

Then wait before you move Riley to be EXTRA careful ;)

Also if Riley isnt neutered and you try bond him with the girls, his horomones could drive him crazy. Ideally you need to have him checked and if he isnt, get him neutered.

Again where did Riley come from?

omg abi read and stop getting shirty. Seeing as the girls wont be done for a while it could be months with once a week dates.

She wouldn't need to if people read her posts properly, and stopped being so sarcastic, its not exactly helpful.

Rubyted - you've come up with a good point about the smell I didn't think about smell causing hormones. I take back my previous comment.

Abi, the concern is about putting them rabbits all together. Even though they are seperate it can still have an affect on hormones etc :wave:

I've decided to leave Riley outdoors until the girls are spayed etc. For those of you asking, Riley was from a free ad. Oh, and for those of you :censored: about me on fb, carry on, it's quite amusing. :)

and did it say he was neutered? it really isnt hard to tell if he is or isnt, unless he has a problem down there and there hiding away.

Yes because 1 or 2 people have said that it may work.

One or two people say it "could" work...and over a dozen other people tell you not to touch it with a barge pole due to the likelihood of disastrous consequences, and you go for the "one or two"?!

I've decided to leave Riley outdoors until the girls are spayed etc. For those of you asking, Riley was from a free ad. Oh, and for those of you :censored: about me on fb, carry on, it's quite amusing. :)

Sounds a good choice :) About the :censored: on facebook, I don't have fb so don't know about it but that really is silly, yes some things you may disagree with, but Abi really does want to do the best for her rabbits so could you not try and put it nicely, the amount of her threads that end up getting locked is ridicolous :( Abi, has Riley not been checked already when he's gone for vaccs or anything? xx

and did it say he was neutered? it really isnt hard to tell if he is or isnt, unless he has a problem down there and there hiding away.

She showed me some sort of receipt with the vets name at the top, who did the operation, the price, time and when his next appointment was. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back