• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I move riley...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wont happen though because the girls are going to be spayed. :?

You are not 100% certain Riley has been neutered and you are talking about the possibility of bonding them BEFORE the girls have been spayed.

Before Riley gets anywhere near those rabbits, get him vet checked please.

I don't know 100% if Riley is neutered but my auntie had a look as she worked in a rabbit sanctuary and had to sex rabbits etc but from what she can see/feel she says that he if neutered.

Oooh. What rabbit Sanctuary did she work at? Sounds pretty interesting :D

I agree with getting a vet to check.

Personally I wouldn't, two females seeing a male could set them off fighting, plus if riley and the girls do have a scrap through the bars they'll remember and will be a lot harder to bond

You are not 100% certain Riley has been neutered and you are talking about the possibility of bonding them BEFORE the girls have been spayed.

Before Riley gets anywhere near those rabbits, get him vet checked please.

I'm not bonding the girls with Riley till they're spayed. The girls will be in one half of the room and Riley in the other so the only contact they'll have is through bars.

Oooh. What rabbit Sanctuary did she work at? Sounds pretty interesting :D

I agree with getting a vet to check.

I don't know the name of it as it was a few years ago but she was on the TV programme called 'Wildlife SOS'.

They'll be spayed as soon as they are old enough and the vet says they're ready. :)

Baring in mind some of the comments that I found quite intimidating myself if I am honest, I personally see no harm in letting them see and smell each other. Although it poses more risk, it is each to their own and your risk at the end of the day. No one can say it won't work, yet no one can say it will work. I did it for my rabbits and foruntaly...it worked a treat!

Thumper was neutered, Blossom wasn't spayed. They spent a week as neighbours 24hours a day and then I decided to bring them to my room together for the night. They chased but settled quickly.

I understand why everyone is saying no and they have reasons, very good reasons, but sometimes "rules" can be bent for positive results if monitered carefully.

Please let me make it clear, I mean not to offend anyone. I know I am not as experienced as some people are on here. But the risk is yours. It worked for me, it might for you, if they're between bars and totally 100% secure away from eachother then personally....I have no reason to say don't. But it's your choice and you may be woken lots by noises. Just be careful :) and be aware

I'm not bonding the girls with Riley till they're spayed. The girls will be in one half of the room and Riley in the other so the only contact they'll have is through bars.

I don't know the name of it as it was a few years ago but she was on the TV programme called 'Wildlife SOS'.

So ...... if Riley ISN'T neutered, how do you think it will be for an uncastrated male and 2 unspayed females living in such close proximity Abi? Do you not think Riley will do his utmost to get to them?

Get Riley vetchecked.

I've only just read that he may or may not be neutered. So I'm teasing between the "yes and no" of my personal opinion. Thats show is great btw I used to be addicted to wildlife SOS. You're decision :) :)

So ...... if Riley ISN'T neutered, how do you think it will be for an uncastrated male and 2 unspayed females living in such close proximity Abi? Do you not think Riley will do his utmost to get to them?

Get Riley vetchecked.

I don't know what will happen as I've never done it before, hence me posting.

I've only just read that he may or may not be neutered. So I'm teasing between the "yes and no" of my personal opinion. Thats show is great btw I used to be addicted to wildlife SOS. You're decision :) :)

I can't actually see 'anything' there when ever he's been hopping about so he must be neutered, or they could have grown inside? :?

I can't actually see 'anything' there when ever he's been hopping about so he must be neutered, or they could have grown inside? :?

We couldn't see Oscars at all before he was neutered, even at the vets he pulled them up! :lol::lol: They can hide them very well if they want to, so it's worth a check just for the piece of mind it will give you :wave:

Get Riley vetchecked.

I've read your first comment and this comment and I must admit it almost seems like you're telling Abi off. Abi is asking for advice and I'm sure she appreciates it. I'm just letting you no that I am finding the way you're writing is slightly aggressive sounding. It's advice I agree, but it puts me off posting incase I get "told off" which would make me fearful of asking questions. Appologies if you take this the wrong way, it wasn't my intention to upset anyone, just point out.

I believe they can do. A vet will be able to do a thorough check and see if they have. You can then ask about hormones and what will start to happen when they occur :)

I have never really looked at an unneutered males bum to compare to Gordon's (neutured) bum so wouldn't know if you can tell the difference but is he due for vaccs anytime soon? If they don't already check him bum then you could ask them to? When Gordon went for his myxi jab a few days after I'd adopted him the vet gave him a full over health check (like they do with any buns) and because he was new had, er, a good feel of his bum and said he was fully recovered and nicely healed from his neuter so the vet should easily be able to check.

Overall I think it would be safer to keep the buns seperate as they are noe until they have healed from spays and begin bonding process :wave: x

I don't know what will happen as I've never done it before, hence me posting.

Abi .... this is the way it will be if Riley isn't neutered and you decide to put all rabbits in close proximity. He will get to them, under his own steam or 'accidentally' because of carelessness and you could end up with about 15 baby rabbits. Then what will you do?

I've read your first comment and this comment and I must admit it almost seems like you're telling Abi off. Abi is asking for advice and I'm sure she appreciates it. I'm just letting you no that I am finding the way you're writing is slightly aggressive sounding. It's advice I agree, but it puts me off posting incase I get "told off" which would make me fearful of asking questions. Appologies if you take this the wrong way, it wasn't my intention to upset anyone, just point out.

Abi isn't fearful of asking questions. She's quite happy to ask lots of them :)

I'm not being aggressive, just telling it like it is

Abi .... this is the way it will be if Riley isn't neutered and you decide to put all rabbits in close proximity. He will get to them, under his own steam or 'accidentally' because of carelessness and you could end up with about 15 baby rabbits. Then what will you do?

Point clearly made again, I would feel very worried now to reply if I was in Abi's shoes. I see everyones views, I honestly do, but I feel this is getting slightly more intense then it needs to be

Point clearly made again, I would feel very worried now to reply if I was in Abi's shoes. I see everyones views, I honestly do, but I feel this is getting slightly more intense then it needs to be

Agreed, if I were Abi I probably would have stopped posting a long time ago...

ETA: You are NOT allowed to leave Abi!!

thats fair enough, but I'm letting you no, I wouldn't reply to you and would probably stop going on the forum for fear of a "full on" advice. In which could be even worse. I did my second comment whilst you did yours so only just read the reply.

Nice posts only please. :wave:

To get riley used to being around the girls before bonding would it be possible so give riley one half of my room and the girls the other. They'll have a play pen to seperate them and they'll never actually be together until I start bonding. Is this a good idea or will it ruin their future bond?

This was your question and I think [currently]the answer is no :)
I think you should separate the room in half, but first determine whether Riley's neutered or not via VET xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back