• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Second Floor for a playhouse

andy5898

Warren Scout
Can anyone give me any tips on building a second floor in a playhouse, as I have a lot of room in there but it would be good if I had a little balcony level sort of thing so the bunnies could use more of it as well.

Cheers :wave:

Timber framing (CLS timber from B&Q is VERY cheap, but strong enough to hold a 2nd level easily), then a timber 'floor' for the 'balcony' level - perhaps a sheet of ply?

With a ramp up to the 2nd level :)

So would you use the CLS timber and attach it to the side and then just have the ply across so it is almost just a big shelf for the bunnies to sit on?

Sorry to sound a bit confused but just wanted to see what you thought!

Cheers :oops:

Hi there. I just put battening up at the points around the sides of the wendy where I wanted the shelves/extra floor to be and then skinned it out. Then built a frame from constructional timber and put ply on top.

Here's an old thread I did showing one of mine (I have done this is about 8 now).

Hope it's of some help.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=133292&highlight=wendy+house

What she said!

:lol:

Thanks for rescuing me from needing to describe it Helen!

That's an awesome thread, I may have to bookmark that one
Whistling-vi.gif

Hi there. I just put battening up at the points around the sides of the wendy where I wanted the shelves/extra floor to be and then skinned it out. Then built a frame from constructional timber and put ply on top.

Here's an old thread I did showing one of mine (I have done this is about 8 now).

Hope it's of some help.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=133292&highlight=wendy+house

Ahh thanks I was going to PM you earlier about how to do it as Sal at Windwhistle said she thought you would have good ideas. I wrote the PM out and it said your inbox was full!

Thanks again everyone.

Back