• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse Floor is Rotten

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone got any advice on what can be done to the playhouse floor to just give us maybe another year or two before it has to be demolished? The sides have some life left and I had a new door made last year.

If the wood is truly rotted it will need replacing. Could you find someone who could do that for you ? It should be possible to replace the floor without having to damage the sides of the playhouse.

Depending on the size of the playhouse and what it's stood on, you might be able to take out the rotten floor, put a spare pallet down and a sheet of thick external OSB / marine ply on top. You can screw the pallet to the side walls to stop any movement (eg in heavy winds).

A lady came round this afternoon with a Guinea Pig for me to look after and her partner is a builder who might be able to do something! That would be wonderful. I have looked for a Handyman for 3 years now but no-one advertises anymore. A few of us would like a Gardener as well. but there is no-one local

Hope it works out with the builder! My dad is putting together a shed and is using thick plywood for the floor. I'd just make sure whatever you use is sturdy enough for what you're putting in the shed.

Back