• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Repurposing climbing frame for run

Halcyon

New Kit
Hello 🤗 so I've been researching alot before getting our bunnies sheds etc. I think I will be at least £700 for shed (this is a minimum as I'll be building levels into it , putting in insulation, painting etc ) this isn't including the usual bunny things needed so I'm looking for ways to save money 🙈 my daughter has an old climbing frame she never uses and we're binning but the more I look at it the more I think it could be used! It's a classic rectangular shape with one level in it only accessed through the slide which obviously would be taken out. I think in time a ramp and different levels could be put in also. My partner thinks we could just re-use the wood. So my question is has anyone repurposed anything to make into a run or similar? I'd love to hear how if so ☺️

Sounds like a good idea to reuse / repurpose it. I look at swing frames and want to grow climbing beans up them, or put mesh across old greenhouse frames with no glass in the sides to make a bunny run. Panels of weldmesh are realy useful for projects like this.

Sounds like a good idea to reuse / repurpose it. I look at swing frames and want to grow climbing beans up them, or put mesh across old greenhouse frames with no glass in the sides to make a bunny run. Panels of weldmesh are realy useful for projects like this

Yes I do this too! I just hate waste and if I can recycle I will ☺️

Back