• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad news about Herbs

Thanks so much everyone.

This morning, we buried him near to where he has spent a happy life digging the most amazing burrows.

What to do about Fudge now. They have been together for the full 5 years that we have had them.

We will put him back in his enclosure now, next to the other buns that he has lived along side for the last year and a half so he wont be too lonely during the day. but at night, when they go in their shed he wont see the others and I dont want him to be alone.

So devastating when he'd fought so hard with the help of you and your vet. I really feel for you. Mulberry has been recovering from nodular myxi since September, and I still don't feel she's out of the woods. It really is a cruel illness. So very, very sorry... :cry:

RIP brave Herbs.....

Thanks so much Tinsel, your Mulberry really gave me strength to try to get Herbs through it. I hope he continues to improve.

Thanks so much Tinsel, your Mulberry really gave me strength to try to get Herbs through it. I hope he continues to improve.

Thank you for your kind words; I'm just so very sad they couldn't both have made it. :cry:

I still don't feel we're 100% there with Mulberry but she's slowly regaining weight and ventured outside today so we are making definite progress. She's still mouth breathing slightly but can eat and does, at every opportunity. It's a scary disease, though, and I know from Parsnipbun's experiences never to be complacent.

You gave him every chance and your vet agreed that you were doing the right thing. It was just so sad that he couldn't quite get to the end of that recovery journey, but again your vet agreed with you, and you made the kindest decision you could for your brave boy. My heart goes out to you - it's so bitterly unfair. I'm so very sorry. :cry::cry:

Back