• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rum and Raisin, video post 60

They sound like they were meant to be with you all along :)

I'm relieved that they have found a happy, settled home and as hard as it is sometimes to see the pictures, i also take comfort knowing that they are well and happy.

Thanks everyone, it was a special moment!

Carrie, I really appreciate your comments. I can't imagine the pain caused by watching this but I am glad you are happy with how they are here.

Another first today! Raisin is exploring the living and has taken quite a shine to a foot stool. He is working hard to groom it anyway. But the first was a huge binky as he ran across the floor. I am so chuffed!!

Both have had their wormer and are very well behaved taking it. They are just a joy!

Awww a bink! :D:love:

What does administering wormer actually involve? Is it a syringe job?

Yes, it's a special tube which you move a marker to the next mark to give one dose then administer the dose as you would syringe meds. It is a tiny amount though and is more ofa paste so tend to be easier to administer. Just like fibre plex.

Yes, it's a special tube which you move a marker to the next mark to give one dose then administer the dose as you would syringe meds. It is a tiny amount though and is more ofa paste so tend to be easier to administer. Just like fibre plex.

If you ran courses on rabbit handling and administering meds I would definitely sign up. :thumb: I could only get fibreplex into Spenser sandwiched between two strawberry leaves, and metacm via a fenugreek crunchie.:oops:

If you ran courses on rabbit handling and administering meds I would definitely sign up. :thumb: I could only get fibreplex into Spenser sandwiched between two strawberry leaves, and metacm via a fenugreek crunchie.:oops:

:lol::lol: Get up within the month and I can show you the wormer ;):lol:

Spenser: Don't you be teaching my Mummy any tricks, Auntie Ali. I like to be the boss around here. Especially with regard to Mummy's bedding. ;)

Can I ask a daft question and ask what's the wormer needed for?
We, and many othe rescues, recommend that anyone taking on new bunnies panacur for 28 days just to make sure buns are clear of worms and EC ..a lot don't bother but Ali is :D
Also due to Rum being a bit ribby ( my vets wording)..felt this was a good idea

Can I ask a daft question and ask what's the wormer needed for?

No problem! It is the protocol I follow whenever new rabbits come here on the advice of my vet. Every rabbit has a 28 day course of panacur. After that they are only wormed when there is a problem eg. EC or worms. This is done both for fosters and my own rabbits.

I am sitting here with them doing bunny 500s round about me. I am about to post some more pics too.

No problem! It is the protocol I follow whenever new rabbits come here on the advice of my vet. Every rabbit has a 28 day course of panacur. After that they are only wormed when there is a problem eg. EC or worms. This is done both for fosters and my own rabbits.

I am sitting here with them doing bunny 500s round about me. I am about to post some more pics too.
When I suggested doing Rum and Raisin to you you didn't mention you always do it so sorry if i was preaching to the converted :oops:....but glad you do and wish more people did:D
most decent vets will recommend this to any new owner Your idea of you having a morning showing people how to give wormer and meds would be a great idea..go for it ! x

When I suggested doing Rum and Raisin to you you didn't mention you always do it so sorry if i was preaching to the converted :oops:....but glad you do and wish more people did:D
most decent vets will recommend this to any new owner Your idea of you having a morning showing people how to give wormer and meds would be a great idea..go for it ! x

Thanks Jill! Yes, when I first started using my very they were suggesting routine worming. I had a chat to them about possible resistance and whether it was worthwhile and they got in touch with the manufacturer. This was the schedule that was suggested and what they now recommend!

Back