• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RESCUE IN DANGER OF CLOSING-PHOTO CALENDER COMP!!!!

The most important thing is the buns,

if the spare money you have will be going to us- please don't - instead use it to buy yourself or buns a treat-

we are a rescue we decided to go into this so anything we sacrifice or give up- well we knew this before we started so we expected it :lol:

Thank you for your kind messages and wishes! :D

Have just emailed 2 photos, one of Snow and one of Treacle.

Said I will pay by cheque but where do you go on the site to pay by paypal, this would be better?

Rabswood

i have already entered a couple of photos, hope u got them and cheque.

Can i enter another 1 or 2 please?

Sue
xx

i am about to dig out a black and white photo to enter, am i right in thinking i can pay by paypal?

Sue
xxx

I have a photo of my bridge bun James which I took at Easter this year... I'll find that an enter it. :thumb: One of my fave photos of him :love:

I'll also have a look for and nice photos of J and C :D :D

Hi

Just to let people know we still need more entries to make up the calendar!

Also we have just had some bad news- Myx outbreak not too far away so we need to vacinated as many as possible we need more than £200, so far we have raised £40- which is fantastic but a long way off!

I replied to one of your rehoming threads on 30th August that there was myxo in the area - could your vet not vaccinate them all and then pay off in instalments?

Sarah

No our vet will not do this and we DO NOT in anyway have the funds. We always help out other rescues and pleas for help no matter whether we have saved for something for us- it all goes on the rabbits.

We have had an extremely busy weekend- Helping OTHER people out. :(

9 came in yesterday- 2 babies really underweight- didn't think they would make it through the night, 1 lop with large chunk of his nose missing, 1 black and brown with long nails, 5 lionheads covered in wee and poo, their feet turned orange!- whew! oh and picking one black up from a lady in St Martins today because the owners just left them when they moved and its partner had been run over.

Sarah i know that you are not getting at the rescue as you are probably aware of how HARD we work and how emotionally exhausting it is. Any suggestions of how we can raise the money needed are welcome.

Katie

Hi Katie

No I am not getting at anyone - simply that I live not far from you and I am aware that there is myxo in the area - I was just letting you know, as I would with anyone else who I knew had bunnies around here. I take in rescue buns myself and certainly some of the ones I have had this year have had quite major health problems. I have just come to expect that a large part of my salary goes on them!!

How many bunnies do you have at present to vaccinate?

Sarah

Well I've entered Santa so that's definitely one of the 12 months covered :wink: - I managed to email some photos across just before my laptop died, I'll pop a cheque in the post tomorrow :D

Hi

Yes i know you weren't getting at anyone. We don't spend ANY money on ourselves, i can't remember the last time a bought a new top or went out for a meal, each time we get paid it immediately goes on paying for vets bills and food etc.

At present we have 14 that need both injections, if people brought in healthy rabbit i think we would be able to vacinate at least one rabbit a month, but out of the ones brought in on Sat 3 need vet treatment this week and another one of them is going to need an op. Thats where our money goes.

I think its great that you help out rescues, not many people actually physically do as that is where most of the hardwork lies.

I would love not to have any rabbits coming in and not be able to run the rescue because they all had great homes. I don't think that this will be anytime soon.

At the moment i have to admit i am feel emotional and physically ehausted. - No a happy bunny at the moment. :(

Back