• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RESCUE IN DANGER OF CLOSING-PHOTO CALENDER COMP!!!!

Hiya Katie,

Might it be worth sending these out recorded delivery? At least then they can be tracked if something goes wrong :(

Calanders, teddies and vouchers shouldn't cost that much more than normal post to send recorded and then hopefully that might work better.

Good luck and best wishes

Laura

I have always been honest and put myself out for everyone on this site and anyone needing help.

If i tell everyone i sent them out - i sent them out. Each parcel cost £1.60 normal post. The Royal Mail can't do anything because they weren't recorded. The cost for these being sent recorded is £4.60.

The Calendar comp has now ended up costing me alot more than what was raised. Unlike some people i have honored my agreement to give out prizes no matter what.

I have always made my phone number acessable and it is always on the bottom of the posts.

I am not the type of person to just not send any or 'say' 'claim' that i have sent them out.

As for email, the website is no longer up and therefore nor is email. The account is still active but since the rescue closed i have stopped using it, otherwise why would i 'ignore' emails?

As i said before if prizes haven't arrived by Monday please 'Call' me.

If i haven't heard anything by Tuesday i will assume that all have been received. And the phone number will subsequently be changed.

I am upset and very hurt that people think this little of me after all the bun runs, rescues and help i have offered and given.

Katie,

I'm sorry everything has gone wrong for you. I personally think that you were very generous in the prizes you offered considering the lack of response you received for the competition.

Post can get lost very easily unfortunately. Last year I bought eight items off Ebay and four of those never turned up. The senders did have proof of posting so I knew that they had been sent, but once again the Post Office failed in its duty.

Hope all goes well with whatever you decide to do next.

Cheryl

Katie.. im so sorry you have had all these problems with sending out the prizes.
I received mine this morning!!! Its lovely!

I received mine this morning.

Mr Snow is Mr July, he's very pleased with his little self and is happy to autograph any ones copies :D

Rabswood

Received this morning. Thank you very much.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm only trying to help, but to have so many packages go missing I honestly think you should complain to the Royal Mail (even if you can't get any money back) because it should be fairly easy for them to track down who or how it went missing (there seems to be too much fraud in the system at the moment).
Also - it doesn't have to be recorded delivery to be covered insurance wise. Standard first class post is covered up to 32ukp (see here question 3: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400029&mediaId=3500015#12500220)
This definitely works because i've claimed for it before.
Now if i'm right, you have sent my current package first class, so maybe you still have the receipt from the last lot? (although i'm not sure how it works with a franking account).

Anyway - if you had said something, I would have told you to save the money on the screen select voucher - it's very much appreciated, but I understand if it's gone missing in the post, and wouldn't want you to be out of pocket. If you pm me your address, I'll send it back to you.

received mine thank you - is it possible to buy a few more please?

I want everyone to have a calender with my baby in!! lol

Sue
xx

Picked up my parcel from the sorting office yesterday :D - thanks alot, sorry you had such a problem with the postage Katie - there must be something Royal Mail can do?

For people asking about getting copies of the calendars - a word of warning - DONT try to order from the rescues website, its been closed/ removed and is redirected to something NOT at all related to the rescue. Seriously, don't try it especially if you have kids/ your parents watching over your shoulder. :shock:

Hi Guys!

Yes we closed the website because we kept getting weirdos ringing up all the time!

Had a message that someone else had taken over the name- Please don't go on as some Freaks have a really sick website on that address now.

Anyone wanting to place orders for the calendars please email me on- nickkatie_alltheanimals@hotmail.co.uk.

All money goes to the sanctuary- £2.50 per calendar, orders up to 10 are postage free after that i will have to charge!

Thanks x

Hi Katie,

Many thanks for resending mine, the calender is lovely.

Although I think the original turned up yesterday, and looking at the post mark, it has taken well over a month to travel the vast distance from Chester to Lancashire!

Thanks again

Julia
x

Back