• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven needs vibes

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Raven had his dental on 12/20 and was doing well until today. Tonight he was not eating his greens unlike this morning. Spouse cleaned is litter box this morning and he did not have many poos. He stilled passed some small hard poo, yet hardly anything.
At 2am I told spouse he needed to help me follow the usual protocol for Raven
I was able to mix critical care which he took well, and spouse helped me get his syringe and metaclopr
The hardest thing was giving fluids because I had to sit on the bed with a squirming Raven while spouse held bag and set up high enough for fluids to flow

Please send us positive vibes.

Sending lots of vibes for Raven. I hope this is just a minor blip in his recovery.

Zoobec, PetsMum, Omi, IM,

Thank you for the vibes. I have been watching my shiny handsome bunny overnight. He made pee and fresh poo, so more an input issue than an output one. He nibbled some hay and tiny pieces of green, yet still not eating normal amount at his normal speed.

Thank you BYB

He ate about 5 small dandelion leaves overnight and was given more this morning. Yet did not eat the morning ones.
He just took his critical care syringe feed very well and got a second dose of motility meds. He was hungry and ate it quickly. He absorbed all the fluids he got sub q and drank a small amount on his own.
I am glad he wants to eat, yet do not know what is bothering him.
I am glad he is pooping after overnight syringe feeds and hope he will start eating more on his own.

Poor boy. I'm glad he is taking feeds well. So frustrating when you don't know whats wrong. Sending loads of vibes

Toribun, Craig 1965,
Thank you
He ate a about four small dandelion greens though had one left at 6pm. He got another syringe feed along with his regular daily medicam. I gave him a few more fresh dandelion leaves before coming downstairs to ice my knee and give my lionheads their dinner.

My shiny little black bunny is still not eating or drinking enough on his own, yet is nibbling hay and eating a few greens, so he just got more syringe feeds, fluids and motility meds. Spouse cleaned his area and removed all poo and pee so we can make sure his output continues to be appropriate.
Please send more vibes that he soon gets back to begging for his treats.

Poor boy. Will your Spouse be taking Raven back to the Vet ? Just wondering if there might be something more going on . I can’t remember if he has tooth root elongation ?

Poor boy. Will your Spouse be taking Raven back to the Vet ? Just wondering if there might be something more going on . I can’t remember if he has tooth root elongation ?

No. Raven was eating hard treat sticks all week. I wonder if he hurt his mouth unless it is stress related. Raven's schedule was disrupted when spouse cleaned his area Tuesday morning instead of monday night because I was having a lot of pain and was unable to hold Raven.

No. Raven was eating hard treat sticks all week. I wonder if he hurt his mouth unless it is stress related. Raven's schedule was disrupted when spouse cleaned his area Tuesday morning instead of monday night because I was having a lot of pain and was unable to hold Raven.

I am just wondering if he is getting dental pain, but root related as opposed to crown related ?

I am just wondering if he is getting dental pain, but root related as opposed to crown related ?

Thank you! His roots were checked in the past, though I understand things can change.
Would iroot pain come and go?
He has had similar episodes in the past and then improves again?

Back