• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Raven dental today.

All the best and brightest vibes for a successful dental and rapid recovery, Raven. :love: xxxxx

Raven did well. He is sensitive to sedatin so he only gets gas anesthesia. He was eating carrot greens soon after his dental.
Vet said there was no question Raven needed a dental. As in the past, the points on his uppers molars are needle thin and the grow toward his cheek, while the lower points are not as thin and grow more upward on tongue side.
Vet thinks Raven sometimes breaks off the needle thin points on his uppers then returns to eating better like he did this week. Of course vet makes them very smooth and addresses Raven's lower molars too.
He got a few more carrot greens and dandelion greens when he got home and ate them. I just gave him a few more greens. He picked out the carrot greens and ate them right away. Now he has his dandelion greens.
Both organic carrots and dandelion greens are hard to find. Only one small store has the dandelion greens and I am still not able to drive since my knee replacement in early December, so my sister d
gets Raven's dandelions. My spouse was lucky to find a couple bunches of carrots with greens after months of them being out of stock. I wonder if Raven knows he is high maintenance, and worth it and more!
He nibbled a little hay too.
Raven lost weight when he was not well at the end of December and early January, then he was eating less this week, so I may continue to syringe feed if he does not regain his appetite quickly, so I hope he continues to improve.

I am pleased to hear that Raven is doing well. It’s such a shame that he has the frequently recurring problems with his molar teeth. I hope his input and output will soon be back to normal xx

I am pleased to hear that Raven is doing well. It’s such a shame that he has the frequently recurring problems with his molar teeth. I hope his input and output will soon be back to normal xx
Thanks Jane,
He made a lot of poo since he came home, and pee too. Poo probably from his eating before his dental. I may syringe feed before going to sleep since he takes it so well.

I'm glad little Raven's dental went well and that he's already been eating some greens and a little hay. I'm sorry the carrot and dandelion greens are so hard to find, though! Sending him a lot of vibes for his recovery. I hope he'll soon eat well enough that he won't lose weight again.

Glad that Ravens dental went well, and that he's eating and pooping ok. Hope the carrot tops and dandelion become more plentiful soon xx

I'm glad little Raven's dental went well and that he's already been eating some greens and a little hay. I'm sorry the carrot and dandelion greens are so hard to find, though! Sending him a lot of vibes for his recovery. I hope he'll soon eat well enough that he won't lose weight again.
Thank you.
I syringe fed him critical care a couple hours ago. He took it very well. I just gave him more greens. He immediately ate the little piece of carrot top mixed with the dandelion greens. He is a few feet from the bed, and I can hear him eating.

Excellent news that Raven is recovering well. The fact that he did need the dental, according to the vet is, a small consolation. Carrot greens have a very strong smell, so I can imagine him picking them out :love:

I hope his recovery continues.

Glad that Ravens dental went well, and that he's eating and pooping ok. Hope the carrot tops and dandelion become more plentiful soon xx
Thank you. Who else do you know who buys bunch carrots for their greens? If we can find them, we will be eating carrots with every meal if Raven gets his way!

Back