• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Residence Sunday 12th December ? postpone

A pair of really thin gloves (or cotton gloves) inside rubber gloves keeps hands really toasty. Bet I forget to bring them on the day :roll: We'll all just have to run around faster to keep warm - should get lots done:D

I am popping in there on the 20th for something else - is there anything you think you may need which I can drop off there??? Food, (for volunteers, DIY stuff???)

what are we going to be up to? what do I need to bring? was going to bring a selection of stuff, like secateurs, screw driver etc.

Sadly I can't go on Sunday - but in particular I would suggest that if anyone has a cordless screwdriver and/or cordless drill with appropriate attachments, it would be really helpful to take those along fully charged (and spare batteries if you have them). As there is no power at the rescue it can make heavy work out of DIY so cordless tools like those would be brill. Caroline does have a cupboard containing random tools like saws, hammers, nails etc but probably not enough for 8 people so anything you can easily carry would probably be helpful! No idea what Caroline has planned for you all though!

Message from the big cheese (Colin, the director):

The neighbours have been informed and are largely comfortable with this work (one dissident but we’ll just have to live with that – the local parish councillor and resident who is their rep on our committee are saying go ahead).

Please can you:

- take just one car down to the site carrying all the tools needed for your work
- park all others at the village hall
- not use any power tools at all
- try and keep noise and to-ing and fro-ing to a minimum please (just to keep neighbour disturbance to a minimum and also avoid them being concerned by movement of people that they don’t know – many are elderly and understandably concerned re neighbours.

You’ll need to bring your own tools I’m afraid. Caroline has some but not enough for 8 people and may not have all that you need anyway.

Main jobs are moving slabs from her house down to the rescue, and laying the slabs and moving the sheds onto them, also refelting rooves.

Do you reckon a cordless screwdriver counts as a "power tool" or are they talking about whacking great kangos and the like? I'd have thought that drilling an itsy hole and putting a screw into something would be far quieter than using a hammer and nail!

Do you reckon a cordless screwdriver counts as a "power tool" or are they talking about whacking great kangos and the like? I'd have thought that drilling an itsy hole and putting a screw into something would be far quieter than using a hammer and nail!

I would advise people to take tools, and if we can't use them, we can't, but at least they are there is we are allowed.

I will bring my toolbox :D

I'm not very good at lifting, generally a weakling and have an iffy back, but happy shuffling things about! Will we have a wheelbarrow or something to get the slabs down from her house?

And by the village hall does she mean where the cricket pitch is?

I will bring my toolbox :D

I'm not very good at lifting, generally a weakling and have an iffy back, but happy shuffling things about! Will we have a wheelbarrow or something to get the slabs down from her house?

And by the village hall does she mean where the cricket pitch is?

don't know about a wheelbarrow, I presume so...:-s and yes I presume the cricket pitch. It's the recreation area opposite waller's close :)

Eeek, I don't really have tools as such? I am more than happy and physically able to heft stuff around no problem, and am also happy to do cleaning, tidy up etc, do you think that will be okay?

I will have my garden gloves, will sling a spare pair in my toolbox for anyone who is lacking these things! I have a basic toolset (b&q and ikea basics). The OH would appreciate his ones not being covered in mud haha! I'll do me best.

Hi all!
Ive been away - and am hoping to hear abit more about tomorrows plans!

I see we need to bring tools....if poss & gloves
Ive PM Lib-n-bunny...hope to hear about times & directions so I can join you all!:wave:
Should we bring food & tea etc?

xx:wave:

Hi all!
Ive been away - and am hoping to hear abit more about tomorrows plans!

I see we need to bring tools....if poss & gloves
Ive PM Lib-n-bunny...hope to hear about times & directions so I can join you all!:wave:
Should we bring food & tea etc?

xx:wave:

Bump for any info!:D
Have no idea where to go ...?:D:oops:

Just got an email with the details! Many thanks Libs!:wave:

Last edited:
we are meeting at the village hall at 11, I believe we can take one vehicle down, may have to be mine as I have 4 bags of sand and two bags of cement, a whellbarrow, a rake and a fork :oops: If anyone wants directions or my number in case of emergencies, please PM me. Remember to wrap up warm, bring something for lunch, I believe tea and coffe will be provided, though we are bringing additional tea bags...anything I've forgotten?x

Back