• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Residence Sunday 12th December ? postpone

It might be difficult to bring a little one - she does have kids come along when they're viewing bunnies obviously, but there are planning restrictions on the number of people on site at any one time and some of the neighbours do watch and do complain. So for maximum effectiveness with minimum difficulty, it's probably best to try and stick to people who are old enough to volunteer. Obviously it's up to Caroline but I thought I'd at least mention it now so you can work out possibilities :)

Thats fine - rather check these things first...will now check dates & then get back to you all! oooh Im excited!

Maybe Caroline can ask the council for permission for both those dates & we go twice for her? Especially if some folks cant make one or the other dates....just an idea...:D

Have just spoken to Caroline, both/either of those dates would be great. She is going to draw up a list of big jobs that need doing. What she really needs is a definite list of numbers, as she can have 15-20 volunteers at the rescue at once as a one off, but has to notify the council and get permission.

We would also need to think about logistics, possibly parking in a supermarket car park in Royston and then driving to the rescue in 3 or 4 cars, and parking at Caroline's parents house.

So could people please post on this thread very clearly stating which date they can come, and how many of them, and hopefully Raine will write up a list of people and add it to the original post :D

I'll go first!

Lib_n_bunny - 2 people, either date

Thats excellent, so we need now to firm up on a date. Can people state their preferences.

could we not potentially do both? :D

I dont see why not? if Caroline ask permisison from the council for both dates at once if may make it easier for her - then we can possibly commit to both or either dates & got from there?

I will confirm later after chatting to OH etc

If nowt else she makes a decent cup of tea!

Not there she won't, it's a field with no electricity! Although now you come to mention it, if there's a big group of us going, it might be worth us taking a camping stove especially given the time of year :)

I wonder if the football pitch at the village hall will be in use on a Sunday? If it isn't, we can probably all park there and walk down, it's only a few minutes walk from there :)

I can do the 21st Nov, my friend will also be coming (I need him to come to help me find it). He's a bunny lover though so don't worry-he'll put in the work!!

Not there she won't, it's a field with no electricity! Although now you come to mention it, if there's a big group of us going, it might be worth us taking a camping stove especially given the time of year :)

I am aware of this. Got double camping stove, (with grill if anyone fancies toast), full-ish gas bottle and a whistley kettle! :D

Last edited:
21st is good for me too! :D I park in the playing field car park when I've been, not masses of spaces though, maybe 20 odd spaces? They have cricket on on saturdays (probably not in the winter though?), but the car park still isn't full!

If Caroline needs any admin type stuff doing ever, whether it be organising emails or other such computer stuff, I'm a legal secretary anyway and an admin wizard! Would happily help her get her blog back on track (there's only been 3 posts this month), more regular updates on the goings on at the rescue and newcomers would certainly draw more people to her.

Last edited:

I wonder if the football pitch at the village hall will be in use on a Sunday? If it isn't, we can probably all park there and walk down, it's only a few minutes walk from there :)

dum-da-da-dum!! And our exciting news of the day is THEY NOW HAVE A STOVE! I totally forgot to mention that when I spoke to Caroline earlier, she went through all the good things that have been acheived this year, and that (tongue in cheek) was one of them) whoop!

And I'm aware of the potential for parking at the hall, but I thought it would be better if we could limit it rather than all going in seperate cars, the residents make a fuss about any little thing, so if we can keep disruption to a minimum it would help.

Last edited:
21st is good for me too! :D I park in the playing field car park when I've been, not masses of spaces though, maybe 20 odd spaces? They have cricket on on saturdays (probably not in the winter though?), but the car park still isn't full!

If Caroline needs any admin type stuff doing ever, whether it be organising emails or other such computer stuff, I'm a legal secretary anyway and an admin wizard! Would happily help her get her blog back on track (there's only been 3 posts this month), more regular updates on the goings on at the rescue and newcomers would certainly draw more people to her.

Maybe best to email her directly with that type of offer? :)

Sunday 21st November looks a good date

or Sunday 12th December.

Please pencil in those dates. Ill check with Caroline and see which is best for her.

Because of neighbours, we cannot all drive onto the property. We will decide on a meet up point where we can park some of the cars and car pool in.

Update as soon as I have heard back from Caroline

OH & I can do both dates.
My sister poss at the moment.:wave:

Me too we can go together?

Me three - do you two want to swing by this way for a quick bun cuddle and cuppa on the way across, you'd practically have to drive past my front door ;)

Excellent news on the stove Lib, best news I've heard all year :lol:

Libby....If you're going anywhere past me is there a chance of a lift? I could do either dates (providing a parent can Olisit!)

Me three - do you two want to swing by this way for a quick bun cuddle and cuppa on the way across, you'd practically have to drive past my front door ;)

Excellent news on the stove Lib, best news I've heard all year :lol:

Sounds good to me - love to meet your buns (and you of course:lol:).

Back