• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit not pooing - possible stasis

Sorry to hear he is still poorly.

I would try to get him to move about a bit if you can, it stimulates their guts. Has he had any painkillers?

If he's eating of his own accord I would perhaps cut down the syringe feeding and try to encourage him to eat on his own and I mean eat practically anything! When my lot are poorly, I try brown bread, carrot tops, blackberry leaves, hand picked grass, anything they want. Once they start munching, they generally seem to keep going and gradually get their appetite back.

Lots of vibes

FC x

My wife just said about cutting down his food.

It's worrying that he's still not pooing though.

I suppose we could cut down to see what happens, although he's probably better at the vets tomorrow syringe feeding him then here without anybody around to check on him. I guess.

One thing we have observed is that he looks like he's going into the 'poo position' in the corner of his indoor hutch/cage that he usually poos in (sat up with bum just off of the floor) but nothing happens. He sits like that for a few seconds and then gives up and lays down.

hiya, really hope hes feelin better soon, its awful when your tryin all you can.
its good that your off for those few days, bit of tlc for him.x.

is he tryin to wee?. when shauny had that he also had a urine infection. he left ''dribbles'' over the carpet.

loads of hugs.
x

How is he doing today? Is he eating a bit more on his own?

You could try mashing his pellets up and mixing those with the syringe feeding, if his mouth is a bit sore, he may prefer the softer food. I've also heard of people offering the recovery formula in bowls but my lot have never gone for that.

Hi, sorry he is still not too good. Can only recommend what everyone else has - get him moving around and offer him any food.

When Katy was like this she actually ate food she would not normally of taken and left her favourites :rolleyes:. I tried anything and everything and eventually she started to eat, it was a few days after before she ate her normal amount of pellets again.

Hope he is feeling better soon.

Back