• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quad bonding updates!

That's great, they sound like they are fine and settling a lot better than mine did. Sootys nipping and chasing was relentless. Mittens just had to move and she nipped her bum. Naughty bun!
Once they settle it will be lovely to see the four of them together. Just don't add anything that isn't neutral! Buns are complex animals aren't they

I'm so pleased with how the rabbits have been doing today. They have been so much calmer. I have seen Summer and Skye drinking now so that's a relief. Summer missed out on tea, I tried to carefully plan where to place pellets around so that everyone would get some but Heidi chased Summer and Skye away, Skye went to a different corner and got some pellets but Summer hid and I'm pretty sure she didn't get any :( She's been eating hay though so not worrying. Heidi has massively improved throughout today. They've all been sitting fairly close, when she has chased, they've not automatically run into a hidey hole and stayed there, they've maybe just ran a couple of feet then sat there still quite close. Skye has become a lot more bold today, she seems to have just thought right I'm not letting u intimidate me! Summer is taking a bit longer (spends longer sulking :lol:) but both have been out a lot more and slowly exploring more. At one point too Heidi was lying in the open part of the trofast while Summer was in the enclosed part, so next to each other, although there was a barrier of sorts, I feel that's massive progress. Yesterday there's no way Heidi would have let Summer stay there, she'd have chased her out! My mum came over before so I took her out to show her the shed and they were all calm, Skye and Dash even had a nose to nose moment :love: I always thought Summer and Heidi would be the most difficult and seems to be that way, but I thought they may fight so I'm just so happy they seem to be at least tolerating each other for now, hopefully to be friends soon :D

Oh and I saw Dash going up the trofast steps before :lol: He's still the only one to go to the upper level though :roll:

That's great, they sound like they are fine and settling a lot better than mine did. Sootys nipping and chasing was relentless. Mittens just had to move and she nipped her bum. Naughty bun!
Once they settle it will be lovely to see the four of them together. Just don't add anything that isn't neutral! Buns are complex animals aren't they

Aw I'm glad u think that, I am really impressed with how well they've done. They've not been nipping at all, unless u mean fur pulling? Not noticed any fur pulling today with mine though, and not nearly as much stomping either. Hope it's all going to keep improving! I've read so many bonding success stories only to read later that they suddenly had a massive fight or something! I was going to put Summer and Skye's bed box in but clean and repaint it first so it would be neutralised but I think I'll leave it a good couple of weeks now, they don't need it, it's just a shame not to use it!!

Just another update - can't believe they've only been in 2 days and they've been brilliant today! I went to feed them breakfast this morning and they all ate together :D Heidi has pretty much stopped the chasing altogether and they're all just acting normally really! Skye and Dash (from opposite pairs) have been spending time together in the litter trays munching hay :D even Summer and Heidi ate right next to each other this morning, and they were the two I thought might not get on as they didn't when I tried bonding them as a trio with Skye. Summer and Skye have been doing much more exploring today since Heidi is now allowing them to move!! I've still not seen anyone other than Dash go to the upper level but I'm hopeful they'll all start being more adventurous now things have settled down a bit :D I'm just so happy, I hope they continue this way :thumb:

Bit mixed in the last hour or so... I've seen Skye grooming Dash :love: then Heidi attempting to groom Skye til Dash muscled his way in :shock: oh dear has Heidi lost her man?! Then they were all having a mooch about when suddenly Summer did a massive stomp which spooked Heidi who dived off a table which spooked everyone! Summer ran off and did another big stomp! A couple more stomps and all a bit on edge for a few mins but quiet again now :roll: Not sure if she might have heard something outside as she was say near the door at the time. A little while earlier 3 of them were all looking at the door and standing up on their hind legs!! Maybe a cat or something was in the garden and they thought it was me coming! All seem calm again now anyway, I've checked outside and can't see any signs of cats or foxes or anything.

Glad it's all going ok, it seems to be a few steps forward and a few back but you will get there. It's a good sign that one of them was spooked and no fighting broke out!
Well done bunnies, keep behaving!

Glad it's all going ok, it seems to be a few steps forward and a few back but you will get there. It's a good sign that one of them was spooked and no fighting broke out!
Well done bunnies, keep behaving!

They've done it since but I think Dash freaked them all out by going up to the top level, I don't think any of the others know where he's gone! Skye was actually looking all over for him earlier. He suddenly jumped down and Sunmer had been lying just by the trofast where he just suddenly dived from bless her, I think they'd heard him 'up above' and that started a bit of unease and stomping then he goes and jumps out on them :shock: She prob thought it was a predator swooping from above poor Summer! The sooner they all discover the upper levels the better!!

Saw some lovely behaviour from them last night :love: Skye is being a little floozy, she loves Dash but I also caught her grooming Heidi last night! Then a bit later Heidi was grooming Dash, she was giving him a very thorough wash then he just flopped down :love: I know they're original pair but nice to know they've not lost their friendship, also I don't normally get to see these moments so it was really nice to see :love: At the moment Summer seems to be the outsider, last night the other 3 spent a lot of time lying together round the hut while Summer sat on her own in the open bit of the trofast :( I think it's her choice though, nobody is chasing her off. At one point all 3 went over to where she was and they were in and out of the hidey in the trofast and where Summer was, it was like they were trying to get her to join them!

Breakfast this morning, all went well again, all calm, no chasing, all ate together again :D

Somebody (I've seen Heidi doing it so think it's mainly her) keeps digging out the litter trays :? Which is annoying!!!

glad they're all settling nicely. got a new crisis here. never mind. all together this morning, unsupervised, no-one came to harm.

How sweet is this?! (Sorry it's hard to make out!)

Dash is getting yet more grooms from Skye, and Heidi was just sat there washing and Summer poked her head out of the hut and gave Heidi a little peck! Summer seems to be integrating much more this evening, I've seen her try to groom both Dash and Heidi now :love:

Aw Skye just saw Dash on top if the unit where the ramp is, Dash ran up and she jumped up there, looked up the ramp but then jumped down :( I got all excited :lol: Won't be long til they're all up and down there all day :D Just hope nobody claims it... I don't think Dash will even though he likes to go and sit up there away from the girls :lol: but he's so laid back I can't see him reacting to anyone else going up there. Fingers crossed!!

Last night Summer was desperate to groom someone or be groomed :love: Was really cute but a little bit heartbreaking! She seems fine though in all honesty, I'm really glad she's integrating with the group now. She keeps giving 'kisses' to everyone then when anyone was grooming themselves she'd go and stick her head in the way :lol: I'm so pleased though, they are all grooming each other, they just seem to have settled so well and are so at ease around each other now. Can't believe its only been a few days :D I'm already planning shed improvements :lol: Can't wait til they're using the whole shed more and then when they get the runaround back and their new (well, newly adapted it will be!) walk in run :D

It sounds like its going really well. I remember Daisy would sometimes be all separate from the others during bonding but I often find them all in a bunny heap when I go out to the shed these days (phew).

Their set up sounds really good. It would be great to see some pics of the whole thing.

It sounds like its going really well. I remember Daisy would sometimes be all separate from the others during bonding but I often find them all in a bunny heap when I go out to the shed these days (phew).

Their set up sounds really good. It would be great to see some pics of the whole thing.

It's not done yet, I need to sell the hutches first so I can put the runs in place. I'm using the 2 runs (8x6x3 and 8x6x2.5) and placing them together upright, so it will make a big walk in run that's 8x5.5ftx6ft high :D I can't decide whether its best to use both runaround pipes so there's 2 ways in/out but then I'm thinking if I just use one and use the doors on both the run and shed (only had doors in hutches before, not in runs, just had extra length of pipe going into the run) then I can use the extra pipe for something else in the run or shed :D I'm even considering eventually getting another run to attach to the front of the shed but I'll see what it looks like first when the first run is done!

Also meant to say I can't wait til they're all flopped together in a pile :lol: I hope I get to see that one day :love: they r sitting together a lot now but not seen a 4 way flop yet :lol:

Also meant to say I can't wait til they're all flopped together in a pile :lol: I hope I get to see that one day :love: they r sitting together a lot now but not seen a 4 way flop yet :lol:

During their bonding. God it was so lovely having them in here. Probably why I left it two weeks before putting them out into their shed/aiver.

Your four seem to be doing well. I love seeing them all lying in a row like that x

During their bonding. God it was so lovely having them in here. Probably why I left it two weeks before putting them out into their shed/aiver.

Your four seem to be doing well. I love seeing them all lying in a row like that x

They're still doing really well, there's the odd bit of chasing now and again but there's usually a reason, like one of them getting spooked, which I suppose is just natural and will happen anyway. I know its a bad pic but I was amazed to see them all in a row like that, especially next to one from an opposite pair :love: Heidi is really funny though, she's making sure she doesn't completely lose her man :lol: Skye absolutely loves Dash, and Summer now also keeps going to groom Dash but if Heidi catches them she moved them away and then grooms Dash herself :lol: last night was funny, Summer had been grooming him then Heidi came over and pushed her head under summer's as if she wanted grooming then butted her!! :lol: Poor Summer :lol:

Oops sorry too busy talking about my own I forgot to say what a lovely pic of yours :love: It really warms your heart doesn't it :love:

Back