• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pringle seems to have wee on him... HELP U/D - Post 84 - Blood results

Just back from the vets. Gail said we have to assume its the e.cuniculi which it proberly is with what has happened lately :(. She said as he doesnt have half as much urine on him as Parsley did hopefully its not as bad and its not got to his kidneys if it is e.cuniculi, i have to carry on with panacur and he is getting baytril as well.
Please keep sending vibes, noway can i loose little Pringle as well :cry:...... hes my special little man...

Has anyone had a bun with this? that has come through it :cry: as i only know of my little parsley.. and the ending was the wrong one..:cry::cry:

Just back from the vets. Gail said we have to assume its the e.cuniculi which it proberly is with what has happened lately :(. She said as he doesnt have half as much urine on him as Parsley did hopefully its not as bad and its not got to his kidneys if it is e.cuniculi, i have to carry on with panacur and he is getting baytril as well.
Please keep sending vibes, noway can i loose little Pringle as well :cry:...... hes my special little man...

Has anyone had a bun with this? that has come through it :cry: as i only know of my little parsley.. and the ending was the wrong one..:cry::cry:

Yes and YES, I have successfully treated EC bunnies and I have taken in bunnies that have had EC and are now 'normal'

Please keep going with the treatment and think POSITIVE, sending you loads of hugs and vibes

Yes and YES, I have successfully treated EC bunnies and I have taken in bunnies that have had EC and are now 'normal'

Please keep going with the treatment and think POSITIVE, sending you loads of hugs and vibes

Thank you very much Snowy, it gives me hope. Is their anything else i can give him that may help, hes on panacur and baytril at the minute. Any other suggestions will be great. Hes been through a lot and has been very strong, so i hope he can be strong through this too. xx

I too have had EC buns and they have made full recoveries. Pringle will be fine :D

Thanks very much Kay :), its nice to hear a possitive story. I just think after loosing Parsley, its hard to think possitive, but i will for my wee boy. xx

Thank you very much Snowy, it gives me hope. Is their anything else i can give him that may help, hes on panacur and baytril at the minute. Any other suggestions will be great. Hes been through a lot and has been very strong, so i hope he can be strong through this too. xx

I would also give him Avipro in his water and I would feed him herbs that would boost his immune system too. If you pm your address I will post some to you but it won't get there unitl Tuesday now

You MUST, whatever you do, keep positive and strong for him, bunnies pick up on your vibes and if you are feeling down then so will he, so think strong and positive for him and he will battle through for you

Last edited:
I would also give him Avipro in his water and I would feed him herbs that would boost his immune system too. If you pm your address I will post some to you but it won't get there unitl Tuesday now

I have a tub of avipro here so i will put that in his water :). Is their any particular type of herb or is it just a mixture, i buy mixed bags of herbs, and the ones that are still in the pot, is this ok? (may sound very stupid question). Thank you very much for your kind offer :) xx

You MUST, whatever you do, keep positive and strong for him, bunnies pick up on your vibes and if you are feeling down then so will he, so think strong and positive for him and he will battle through for you

Thanks Snowy, i will do :). Hes such a happy little fella always looking for cuddles. Im going to be really possitive with him and hopefully it will help xx

I have a tub of avipro here so i will put that in his water :). Is their any particular type of herb or is it just a mixture, i buy mixed bags of herbs, and the ones that are still in the pot, is this ok? (may sound very stupid questin). Thank you very much for your kind offer :) xx

That's good that you have the Avipro, use it every day and as for the herbs then you can give him a mixture or if you have raspberry leaves then that will settle his tummy, willow bark is a natural pain killer, plantain and dandelion will help the digestive system, it's all about making him feel better within himself and wanting to eat and stay strong if that makes sense

That's good that you have the Avipro, use it every day and as for the herbs then you can give him a mixture or if you have raspberry leaves then that will settle his tummy, willow bark is a natural pain killer, plantain and dandelion will help the digestive system, it's all about making him feel better within himself and wanting to eat and stay strong if that makes sense

Thanks :). I will try find some dandelion but in this weather might be hard :lol:. What is plantain?:?. thanks again, you have been a great possitive help to me :) xx

my bun sooty had what we think was probably EC. Same symptoms as your two. He had one 28 day course & it came back again in a couple of months, another 28 day course and again it came back in a couple of months but he had another 28 day course in April/May and has had no signs since. He's now due for another course but I'll keep it to nine days so yes, if you catch it early you can certainly get them over it but you do need to keep re-treating about 3 times a year as the chances of you irradicating all the nasties is slim.

my bun sooty had what we think was probably EC. Same symptoms as your two. He had one 28 day course & it came back again in a couple of months, another 28 day course and again it came back in a couple of months but he had another 28 day course in April/May and has had no signs since. He's now due for another course but I'll keep it to nine days so yes, if you catch it early you can certainly get them over it but you do need to keep re-treating about 3 times a year as the chances of you irradicating all the nasties is slim.

Thanks ecudc, im glad you finally managed to sort it out. I am definatly treating them every 3months with it, its horrible as a couple of the rabbits really go in the huff and hate me after it, but its worth it in the end. I ordered 14 tubes of vetuk a while ago and went through them with treating all bunnies and patch/parsley 28days, although parsley never managed :( but i ordered another 16 tubes yesterday so that will last me a few months and i will treat them all again in feb. xx

One of my fosterers buns contracted head tilt with EC and she was on a 42day course of panacur and her head tilt as gone back to normal :D she just has doses of panacur every 3 months now.
Pringle will come through this as he as you doing everything you can for him:D

you can put it on a spring green leaf as long as you can manage to ensure each bunny gets his or her own leaf. You can also use the liquid which is a lot cheaper.....although I have to mash it up with bananna & then they wolf it down.

Glad to hear Pringle went to the vets, really hope things improve with him soon... has he been wet underneath today? :) Sending lots of vibes xXx

Hi Hayley - just caught up with this - I do hope Pringle is OK......sending loads of vibes for him...you know where I am if you need me.......xx

Back