• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post 59 Pippin is being put to sleep at 6.45 tonight, she's gone 8-(

Thanks everyone, I was wrong :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I even shouted at st georges this morning, I am so embarressed :cry:. Just got to work, I went to my vets and he said he really wishes he could tell me thay they were bad, but they're all perfect. He thinks the runny eye is because she is so run down, he said she is a really, really poorly bunny and the kindest thing would be to put her to sleep :cry::cry::cry: she's had some painkillers (not metacam), but he said they would only last six hours. Her belly is empty he said she really is an unhappy bunny :cry::cry::cry::cry:. He's reqested all the blood test results from St Georges and I have just rang and they have them, he said the samples could be interpret many diffent ways, he's going to read them and call me later, he said for me not to get my hopes up.

I think I am going to have put to sleep tonight, I am being cruel keeping her going, she is a very unhappy bunny :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Awww Tree :cry:

She has obviously had an opiate pain relief now so she will be comfortable and relaxed. Wait and see what the Vet says when he's gone over her blood results.
You are not being cruel, you are trying to do everything possible for Pippin

Sending hugs to you, it must be awful having to be at work.......:cry:

I got into trouble for being late again (was late yesterday for dropping Holly off), but I started crying and told them what has happened, I keep my bunnies drama's to myself so people don't think I am mad. I just hope they can find something that can be cured :cry:

Awwww Tree I am so sorry, I hope your vet finds something in the blood tests that the other vets have missed and can be cured. You have done everything you can for her, I have got everything crossed for you.

I got into trouble for being late again (was late yesterday for dropping Holly off), but I started crying and told them what has happened, I keep my bunnies drama's to myself so people don't think I am mad. I just hope they can find something that can be cured :cry:

Ive not even been into work since tue because of Claude,everytime any one asks about him i start crying
Im really sorry it wasnt better news x

I'm so sorry, I was really hoping it would be teeth problems. You're not cruel - you are doing everything you can for Pippin and you just wanted to explore the possibility that the other vet had got it wrong. I'm sorry it wasn't better news. :cry::cry:

Only just seen this, I am so sorry you are going through so much stress with Pippin it is so hard and frustrating when you are trying to make the right decision for your bunny and you don't feel you have all the facts. It's something I went through more than once a couple of weeks ago.

We had the opposite problem with Hamish we knew he had dental problems but I felt there was more going on. His face was wet all the time which could have been put down to saliva from his teeth but I was convinced he was dribbling water as he was drinking too much. When he didn't improve after a dental they did further tests and found out his kidneys were failing too, so we let him go. But that meant he was suffering for days without us knowing exactly what was wrong :cry:

I will be thinking of you and Pippin today xxx

Im so sorry Tree,you have done everything humanly possible to help Pippin.Fingers crossed your vet can find something in the bloods to help her.

This is a nightmare for you, I hope the vets come to some definite conclusion soon so you don't have to be kept hanging any longer.

I'm so sorry tree, it must be horrible to get your hopes up like that and then probably have them dashed. I hope they manage to help her pull through but if not my thoughts are with you.

The vet has called her results are really bad, he said there is no way she is going to get better from it. St Georges sent them through with just renal failure so he rang for the actual readings and he said they are terrible and there is no way she will get better from it and the fair thing to do is let her go. I have booked her in for 6.45 to be put to sleep :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pippin with Thumper
P1000078-1.jpg

Pippin with Buster
S4020195.jpg

Pic538.jpg

Pic327.jpg

Poor Pippin :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back