• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post 59 Pippin is being put to sleep at 6.45 tonight, she's gone 8-(

I paid £250 on Friday/Saturday after her first admission, but they treated her with bloat and she had a lot of painkillers, which would explain why she was agressive again, as she wasn't in pain, but she hasn't had any painkiller last few days, she wasn't aggressive again.

I paid £80 odd to admit her again on bank holiday monday (they actually knocked some of that off as a good will gesture as it was a re admission, it should of ben £150, then I picked her up yesterday, bill was nearly £270, so jut shy of £600

Ok she made the night, my internet went down so I couldn't update you, I went to tesco got weetabix etc, she is drinking from the on side of her mouth too. I have force fed her this morning in case she does need a GA, I am going to my own vets as soon as they are open (going to be late for work again)

I am so angry as Bryn called to tell me she was grinding her teeth, I had gone to my MOm's, got back and made the decission to put her to sleep, she didn't look well and was in pain. I gave her some metcam to keep her going to the vets, I flipped her over, dribble on her chin, her eye had been running and dried, I was just :shock::shock:,

Last week she would only eat weetbix, and spring green, sorry but all of it screams teeth pain.

If this is right, surely they have to give m my money back, I am not taking her back there, surely if it is gross negligence they'll try and cover it up?

The best part about it is, I was like this :shock: with the bill, the girl at the desk told me how they were the best vets blah blah blah, if I am right and it is teeth, I have a good mind to go in and smack her head off the desk :evil:

The worse part about it is, if I am right, the reason she has gone thin is because she is starving to death :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Surely a vets could not of let this happen?

Last edited:
We were all saying goood bye before I took her to be put to sleep, I can't believe that could of happened and there is a chance there is nothing wrong :cry::cry::cry: it was only while we were saying goodbye that the alarm bells started to ring, say I hadn;t thought she would of been dead now, I was going to put her out of her misery I can't believe what has happened to me.

Sending hugs and calming vibes to you Tree. To me it does sound dentally. I do so hope it is :) No wonder the vets have a name like a solicitors practice charging that amount :shock:

God Tree I am seething too !!

I cannot see how they can possibly justify such an extortionate bill even if they have diagnosed her correctly.
But if they have made a huge :censored:- up then I think you need to contact the RCVS. Not only is negligence a possible issue but the RCVS consider 'unreasonable fees' to be 'malpractice'.

I wont be at all surprised if Pippin has an abscess in her mouth. That would give abnormal blood biochemistry............

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh mate.................:censored: :censored:

Omg, that sounds like awful care from the vets. Teeth problems would be one of the first things a vet should consider with a sick bun, surely, being so common?

Poor Pippin has probably had loads of tests that weren't necessary (at a huge cost to you) and she's also been denied the right treatment because of the vet's error. I'm hoping in a way that you're right, because the dental problem has a much better prognosis for Pippin but am fuming on your behalf if it does turn out to be her teeth.

Sending lots of vibes for Pippin, I hope for her that it is dental related and treatable so she can spend alot more tme with you yet.
As far as that leaves you with that £600 bill though :shock: Gah!!!
Vibes and nose rubs to Pippin and calming and good luck vibes all round. I hope you get it sorted to ou satisfaction. x x x

I too am seething on your behalf! I hope and pray it is her teeth and she gets better soon. As for the consequences if it is ...... well - good luck!! I can't believe they didn't check her teeth first!! :shock:

just read the entire thread and i cant believe this!

poor pippin, and poor you.

i really hope you get this sorted its insane!

vibes for pippin x

Thanks everyone, I was wrong :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I even shouted at st georges this morning, I am so embarressed :cry:. Just got to work, I went to my vets and he said he really wishes he could tell me thay they were bad, but they're all perfect. He thinks the runny eye is because she is so run down, he said she is a really, really poorly bunny and the kindest thing would be to put her to sleep :cry::cry::cry: she's had some painkillers (not metacam), but he said they would only last six hours. Her belly is empty he said she really is an unhappy bunny :cry::cry::cry::cry:. He's reqested all the blood test results from St Georges and I have just rang and they have them, he said the samples could be interpret many diffent ways, he's going to read them and call me later, he said for me not to get my hopes up.

I think I am going to have put to sleep tonight, I am being cruel keeping her going, she is a very unhappy bunny :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh hugs to you you poor thing. Don't worry about shouting at St George's - you are very upset and it's understandable. You clearly love your bunnies and you will do the best by Pippin I'm sure.

Back