• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post 59 Pippin is being put to sleep at 6.45 tonight, she's gone 8-(

Thank you, I am feeling very sad and had a bit of a cry this morning, slept better than I have all week though, I think because it's over and I am no longer worrying about her :cry:, just feel a bit empty. Thumper looks lost, bless him :(

The vet said tried to talk me through her results and they did look bad, so I know I did the right thing really, it doesn't make it any easier though. He said the one of the three (three were really high), was so high it would of been causing stomach and mouth ulcers, he said that's why I would of thought she was having dental problems, but there were all ulcers in her mouth. He said her body just wasn't getting rid of any toxins and they were just storing up in her. He said had they of been working 50% she would of been ok, but he said they were 99% damaged and she was just clinging on :cry::cry:

aww im soo sooo sorry to hear this.... but i do think you made the best and correct decision for her she is no longer suffering and you certaintly did all you could for her hugz your way xxx

Thank you, I am feeling very sad and had a bit of a cry this morning, slept better than I have all week though, I think because it's over and I am no longer worrying about her :cry:, just feel a bit empty. Thumper looks lost, bless him :(

The vet said tried to talk me through her results and they did look bad, so I know I did the right thing really, it doesn't make it any easier though. He said the one of the three (three were really high), was so high it would of been causing stomach and mouth ulcers, he said that's why I would of thought she was having dental problems, but there were all ulcers in her mouth. He said her body just wasn't getting rid of any toxins and they were just storing up in her. He said had they of been working 50% she would of been ok, but he said they were 99% damaged and she was just clinging on :cry::cry:

OMG Hamish's mouth was full of ulcers. The vet never mentioned it being related to kidney failure, we thought it was because he had so many dental problems. If I'd of known I would have got his blood tested a lot quicker :shock: Thanks for letting us know about Pippin's results, it will help bunnies get the correct treatment in the future

Thanks guys :love:

Yeah Liz, there was three differnt things that were really high, I can't remember which they were, I can ring up and ask and get the actual results and numbers. He did say the ulcers would of been because of the kidney failure and he said it was because the one which was high was causing them.

Back