• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poorly Willow.nodular MYXI. UD 1/11/13

Thank you guys I just can't explain how lovely it is to have kind words and support at this dreadful time:love:

update 30th October

Just gone in to feed willow. He was happy :p and started eating breakfast (pellets and greens):thumb:

I haven't examined yet, I shall do that when he's eaten and had metacam. But I have to say as far as his eye is concerned it actually looked a bit better :shock::p I'm sure it's not me imagining things, I'm sure it's better, anyway I know this is gong to be a long process, not going to clear up in couple of days, but at least more positive than negative- my mantra at the moment .........."each day at a time Kelly"

I felt so much happier with him inside last night and in turn him seems happy and comfortable too! It might be that he stays in all winter now:D

Ipad camera is rubbish but doesn't it look better ? Just examined him, none of the other nodules are worse and I cannot find any new:thumb:

Last edited:
:love::love::love:

It does look much better than previous photo, and he's still nomming which is awesome. Keep it up Willow lad. Xxx

I know it's each day at a time,but I'm really happy:thumb:

You're allowed to be happy and celebrate the positives... ;):thumb: I'm so pleased he's making progress.. May be a long road ahead, but like you say - one day at a time. Give that gorgeous boy some extra nose rubs from me. He's enjoying the life of an indoor bunny then? ;):love: xx

You're allowed to be happy and celebrate the positives... ;):thumb: I'm so pleased he's making progress.. May be a long road ahead, but like you say - one day at a time. Give that gorgeous boy some extra nose rubs from me. He's enjoying the life of an indoor bunny then? ;):love: xx

I will do! Thanks Hun you've been a fantastic support :love:

He seems really happy inside! If this is gonna be a long road I think I will make his house bigger or Somehow let him have the whole room ;)

Although he gets the free range of upstairs a few times a day :thumb:

His eye looks a lot better. Well done.

Ah you won't want to put him outside now you have him indoors with you!

Glad he looks better and vibes for his continuing recovery.

I can tell you from experience that once a poorly rabbit comes indoors, they'll stay there for good!

Ludo has been 'recovering' indoors for nearly a year now! :lol:

I'm not mentioning any names but sometimes they are full of mischief and you say to them I'll put you outside!

I can't see Willow going back outside for a good few months. He's got you wrapped around his paws.

You guys are right :lol::lol::lol:

I really love knowing his safe and warm upstairs :love:

I can't see him going out anytime soon ;) plus what about temp change now he's inside ;).........no, I think he needs to stay in with me :thumb:

Willow, you are one very lucky bunny by having such a loving and caring owner.:thumb: And now....you'll spend the winter....INDOORS!!!!!!:D:D:love::love:
Topping up get well wishes. xxx

The lump is very similar to what Pooka had. When my vet spoke to the vaccine company they said that full nodules didn't present during testing, so we assumed that she had caught myxo as it was rife in Sheffield at the time. She developed a couple of nodules but was always herself, and although I panicked a few times because I knew how bad it could get, she never got any worse.

I am still unsure as to whether the vaccine is causing this or the vaccine plus an external source :/

Hope Willow continues to improve, and he stays happy and warm inside :p

The lump is very similar to what Pooka had. When my vet spoke to the vaccine company they said that full nodules didn't present during testing, so we assumed that she had caught myxo as it was rife in Sheffield at the time. She developed a couple of nodules but was always herself, and although I panicked a few times because I knew how bad it could get, she never got any worse.

I am still unsure as to whether the vaccine is causing this or the vaccine plus an external source :/

Hope Willow continues to improve, and he stays happy and warm inside :p

Oh that's interesting, thanks for sharing? See just because it didn't show during testing doesn't mean it can't happen , I think vaccine company will fob us off too:roll:

Back