• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Think Of Jenny Fluffers

She seems to have dipped again, breathing fast and lying on her side again (she never does this usually). Not interested in any food at all. She has though passed a few droppings. Spoken to out of hours vet, will call her again in an hour and decide what to do. I don't want to stress Inca out more by taking her out of the house again but at the same time I can't have her in pain all night. Horrible :(

Sorry to hear this. Keeping a close eye on her will definitely help.

One thing I have always meant to do it to keep notes on poorly animals. It sounds silly but when you are nursing animals around the clock then you can forget what time you did what, especially if they are ill for days and weeks.

Alternatively, updating this thread will help you follow what's happening.

Her breathing has slowed a little but she's still stretched out and clearly uncomfortable. She'll get up from time to time, hop to the other side of the room and lie down again. Spoken to the vet again and hubby has gone to pick up some metacam, (although the pain killer she had earlier shouldn't have worn off just yet). We think another car journey right now will be too much for her. We will take it in turns to stay with her through the night.

Just given her 4 drops of metacam + approx 7ml of syringe food. She took both very well and didn't appear too stressed.

It does sound as if she is in some discomfort.

My Narla had bloat last autumn and she was clearly in a lot of discomfort. She kept stretching out and asking her husbun for snuggles. She is bigger than he is and she kept shunting him along when she was trying to snuggle up to him. :love:

I didn't realise how serious it was and I was lucky that she was fine the next day. I did find an novel way to disperse her wind which I'm afraid I can't share outright on a family friendly forum, but suffice to say that it gave a whole new meaning to the term 'rabbit vibrator' :lol:

Keeping everything crossed for Lady Inca in this household: I'll be thinking of you through the night.

Progress report: 2.15am small amount of grass eaten + some basil & parsley, seems much more herself though won't come near me (to be expected)

2.50am: 3-4 basil leaves & small clump of parsley, other mixed herbs (dried), small dollop of baby food and 3 sunflower seeds (her favourite) all eaten. V large poo (4x bigger than normal) + 4-5 more normal sized ones produced :) Hopping about & looking interested in things again though very wary of me. No like pellets yet :( Keeping everything crossed again.

7am: not good again, breathing quickly and stretched out, legs quivering. Not eaten since 3am and no more droppings. Clearly in discomfort again. Spoken to vet, taking her in.

Poor little bun it sounded like she was picking up ok earlier this morning! Sending lots more vibes!

Just back from vets, they will give her more pain relief & monitor her. They may xray to eliminate other probs. No clues as to what's wrong yet though. The fact that she's eaten (small amount) & been to the loo is good & sort of suggests that there isn't a blockage (now). Can't see back teeth without sedation (we tried this am) so that not ruled out yet but tongue looks healthy. Any other ideas?

Oh no I was really happy to see your 3am update about her eating and pooing.

Still got my fingers crossed for her.

your earlier post was so positive..so sorry she's gone back down again:(
Lots of vibes for her xx

I know, I'm gutted. I even went to bed I was so convinced that she'd turned the corner (she must have felt better then as she thumped at me). I woke at 7am to find Chris sitting with her, he'd been there since 6am. She looked so tiny, fragile & weak. We both agreed she was in too much pain to leave her and Chris said she hadn't altered much in the last hour. The out of hours vet was lovely, really gentle and caring. She has promised to take extra special care of our princess.

Back