• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Think Of Jenny Fluffers

I'm waiting for the nurse who has been looking after Inca to call me back with the details but I've been told I can go and collect her at 5pm :) I am going to keep her in a little pen in the living room for the next 24hrs so we can monitor her. Jill suggested giving her some organic baby food to help with her tummy ache and to get things moving again so I'll be getting some of that before going to the vets. It's horrible being downstairs and not seeing her little face peeping out from behind the settee:( Will post pics of her later when she's settled :)

just to add..the baby food won't help with tummy ache...Inca has already had pain relief and gut stimulant for that
What it will do..if the vet thinks she is ok to come home and has passed some poos..will encourage her to eat..and fruit will pass through her system well..hence the pineapple juice for hair blockage.
must point out if a rabbit is gassy do not feed fruit in any form
Inca has been examined by a vet and is not gassy:D
Continued vibes for her xx

Thanks for the clarification, Honeybunny! Everyday is a school day!

Glad to hear that Inca is doing well and touched beyond belief to think that her binky pad is considered an indispensable accessory!

I may have to work on a co-ordinating travel case for holidays and trips to the vets:lol:

Inca is home :)

She has nibbled at some grass in a bowl and licked a bit of baby food off the syringe. I'll try and get some down her properly in a while but for now I've put a dollop of it in her bowl hoping she'll slurp it up along with the fresh herbs. She seems much better in herself but I know we're not out of the woods yet. Waiting patiently for poos :shock:

I'm glad she's home :)

If she has started to nibble food on her own then I'd hold off syringe feeds for now. The stress syringing causes can create more problems.
Hopefully now she's home and nibbling food poos will follow later this evening xx

So far I've only managed to get her to eat 1 pellet, 1 rocket leaf and a small dollop of baby food which she licked herself. She ate a tiny amount of fresh grass but thats all so far. TBH she looks shattered & just wants to sleep. I'll keep trying to tempt her but I think if it comes to say 9pm and she still hasn't eaten anything I should try and get a couple of ml down her. I don't want her to go all through the night on an empty tummy.

That sounds wise.

It's a question of striking a balance between getting food down her and not stressing her out too much.

Norris and Narla send :love:

Back