• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please don't be cross with me - I'm sorry

under no uncertain temrs do you put two males together even if one of them has been neutered.

I think this is the key statement - has the poster tried with BOTH males neutered? That would make all the difference.

I really hope you can learn something from the forum Joanne, the wealth of knowledge on offer is vast, a fantastic resource if you can be open-minded enough to take it on board....

Good Morning everybody:oops:

Thank you so much everyone.
I can not tell you how much your messages mean to me.

I now know that there is hope for my 2 boys.
Some of the photos on this post are wonderful and I hope that one day you can see my 2 looking so content. If I can't bond them as a couple then I'll go from there.

I would love for them to be together, but also know that it may not be possible.

I promise you ALL that I will be seeking professional advice and will not rush things.

I do love Eric and Ernie and they are my priority in Life - Every DAY.(My OH says he is 3rd in the pecking order:lol::lol::lol:)
I will never do anything to harm them and will make any major decisions only after seeking advice.

Thank you again for Everything.

I

just to add my tuppence worth - I have two boys also and they are happy bunnies so it can be done Jessica as so many other people on here have proved also. Don't beat yourself up about it - we are all learning bunny mums no matter how long we've had our "babies" as they are such complicated little creatures. let us know how things go :wave:

scuttles in......

jessica rabbit, sorry to hear your boys had a fight. Hopefully when all those hormones have calmed down you will have better luck.

I also had a bonded foster foursome with two males and two females (admittedly litter mates) & all got on perfectly well as did another pair of males. I think in many ways bonding two males is easier than two females....my boys have always been pushovers...the girls definately rule the roost.

scuttles out....

Two males will fight no matter what. They could have been brought up together still doesn't make any difference. I hope that you have learnt your lesson from this.

I wonder how then that many people have pairs of male rabbits who have always lived together without any problems.

I assume that somewhere along the line that I am doing soemthing wrong with the two male 18 month old rabbits who are living with me at the moment. They seem happy enough together and have never had a scrap with each other. I am not however planning to separate them on the suggestion that two males will fight not matter what.

Without being rude I will not be using this information which has been given and do hope that no one splits their rabbits having read this misinformation. Whilst I have a reasonable knowledge about rabbit care I am also aware that I do have a lot to learn ... this is not something I will add to my knowledge bank.

Out of my group Dexy and Monty are the best of friends and couldn't get any closer - literally :shock::lol:

I can't speak for all rabbits but I find the boys to be more affectionate to me and each other than the females! :D

bestbuds1.jpg

bestbuds.jpg

Goodness me!

:wave:

I have 2 bonded boys (one should've been a girl but i got that wrong too :oops:)

Take care, take time, take heart.

xxx

We all make mistakes, I managed to overheat our chinchilla last night. We had been to Alton Towers and come back hungry and cold. Which idiot put the heating on full blast without a thought for Missy? Me!
After ringing, at 10.30 pm, a very good chinchilla friend in tears, as something was so wrong with Missy, she came over and diagnosed the overheating of the house and therefore Missy. Missy had been trying to get low down and cool and her ears were :oops: obviously pink.
:roll: I wont let that happen again.

Hi well sorry you have only brought it on yourself. I have in the past had lots of rabbits and under no uncertain temrs do you put two males together even if one of them has been neutered. You neuter so that if you have female rabbits the male can then not get the female pregnant. Two males will fight no matter what. They could have been brought up together still doesn't make any difference. I hope that you have learnt your lesson from this. I don't mean to come across as annoyed but you should have more sense really. I had two females, sisters they were and one ripped the others nose and lip.Bucks should be kept in separate hutches at all times or else it will happen again but next time you may not be so lucky in patching them up Joanne

Well, I have 2 males living together who are neutered and they get on fine

Jessica rabbit - maybe next time your rabbit should have his consultation on the floor? Douglas has to be seen on the floor unless I'm sure I have hold of him as he has a habit of flying from high places!! Once done, never again.
I hope you get good advice here and your boys can be best of friends one day

Last edited:
Jessica Rabbit - we all make mistakes. I have made many - as we all have. It's good to share these on the forum so that we can all learn from them. That is the whole point of the forum - to help, support and learn. I've learnt loads of information on here - absolutely loads!

I like to think none of us are afraid of speaking openly on here without fear of criticism. I was quite shocked and horrified when I read what Joanne had to say. I know it must have made you feel terrible on top of the guilt you were already feeling.

I think the majority of us on here are understanding and supportive. So please take heart and listen to the majority. You made a mistake - you learnt from it - no bunny was hurt - you shared it with us here on the forum.

If you want any advice about bonding you know there are loads of us on here who you can pick their brains!

By the way here are my two boys, Duncan and Frank, who I bonded and they are in love with each other and look out for each other. Not being able to bond boys is pure nonsense! And all these posts and pictures are proof!

027.jpg

Emma x

Here's my trio..2 males and a girl. Bournville(the black one) was added to the existing pair after his mate Floss died, and we had no trouble at all.
Here's Bournville showing dreadful aggression towards Tim.:shock:.not!!!:lol::lol:
DSC00158.jpg

And here they are all loved up together.
DSC00177.jpg

Bournville is practically eating poor Tim's face, look at that aggression!! :lol::lol::lol:

:love::love::love::love::love: Bournville is just so super shiny! :love:

His coat does gleam..it's probably all down to the mutual
grooming that goes on in the group:lol:

Hello Again:wave:
I can't believe how many of you have bonded boys!:p:p:p:p
It's incredible. The photos of them are so lovely.:love::love::love:

I am so pleased it is possible - o.k not all cases, but IT IS possible.

Thank you so much everyone again for your replies.

Both Eric and Ernie are fine one week later and as adorable as ever!!!

For those of you who have also admitted your mistakes - thank you! I know how hard it is and knowing that I am not alone makes me feel a bit better.

We are going to look at sheds/playhouses tomorrow, so that the boys can have a nice new home. But we are not buying anything yet until we know where we stand with the bonding. Will seek advice on here about set ups when I know more.

Thank you again so much. This is the best forum - and the best people and of course the very Best of rabbits!

Have a lovely day.

JR x

I somehow missed this thread. Glad you are feeling better about it all Jessica. Unfortunately some people are extremely rude and narrow minded. I was shocked to read such blatant nastiness. Thankfully they wont be posting again! Obviously they are perfect and have never made mistakes

must have missed this one tho i dont have bonded males i know it is possible iv had bonded females too which is more unusual as well...congrats on your two being happy now glad the debate is sorted...proof is on this forum groups or any combinations if neutered and bonded correctly can and do work....i hope one day to have a large gorup that would be great!!xx

Hi all, well sorry but new to this board i am not to keeping rabbits. I had 35 and I do have experience or else I wouldn't have posted my comments. Yes you all have males now that have bonded but don't be surprised if one day they change because believe me they will. I will not be posting on this board again.
I am not rude at all I think it bloody stupid that someone would put anewly neutered buck in with another and then another thinking a neutered male could go in with alot of females without reaction . If you all think me rude that's you're opinion but one think I'm not is stupid , it just might take you all time to realise yours stupidity that is Joanne

That post in its self is very rude!! Not everyone is as highly experienced as you put it. Calling someone stupid like that is darnn right rude!

The whole point of forums is for members to be able to post, learn and get support. With forums alot of people wouldnt know what they do now or have the friendly support through difficult times.

Jessica Rabbit, hope your boys are ok hun. Dont be put off trying again in a few more weeks, people here with experience of bonding males will talk you through and support you (ew months and I will be here asking myself lol)

Oh my god there are so many distressed male bunnies in all the pics posted.....i think not!!!

Joanne, At the end of the day bunnies derived from the wild, no matter how much love and attention each and every one of them gets, at some point they'll all nip and fight, its called NATURE!!!!

I thought the horse forums where bitchy but im afraid to say ur first and last post beats any horse 1's i have seen.

Sorry everyone to have a rant but to me forums are a way of gettin help and advice from a wide area.

Jessica Rabbit im sure bun will continue to love and forgive you :D ;)

Here's my trio..2 males and a girl. Bournville(the black one) was added to the existing pair after his mate Floss died, and we had no trouble at all.
Here's Bournville showing dreadful aggression towards Tim.:shock:.not!!!:lol::lol:
DSC00158.jpg

:shock: You have to seperate, he is eating his eyes out :shock::lol::lol::lol:

Aww lovely :love:

Back