• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please don't be cross with me - I'm sorry

Hi well sorry you have only brought it on yourself. I have in the past had lots of rabbits and under no uncertain temrs do you put two males together even if one of them has been neutered. You neuter so that if you have female rabbits the male can then not get the female pregnant. Two males will fight no matter what. They could have been brought up together still doesn't make any difference. I hope that you have learnt your lesson from this. I don't mean to come across as annoyed but you should have more sense really. I had two females, sisters they were and one ripped the others nose and lip.Bucks should be kept in separate hutches at all times or else it will happen again but next time you may not be so lucky in patching them up Joanne

Ignore this post, it is both rude, unhelpful and wrong. There are many neutered bonded boys on here living happily together. :love:

Hope your little one is feeling better soon. :wave:

Hi
Firstly, let me say how thankful I am to everyone who has tried to make me feel a little better about my Stupid action on Saturday. I really appreciate it.
I didn't know that this would start a heated discussion either. I only decided to post the thread because I had hoped it would highlight the issue and help other people realise that you need to Listen to people on this forum.

Joanne Royle,
I am sorry you have responded to my thread in this way.
As I said Someone who has a great deal of experience asked me why I hadn't let them out together? I made a wrong choice - a very bad choice and I can't even tell you how bad I feel about it.
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I also hope that you have read the other comments here to see that, it is possible to bond boys.
I am not going to do this (if at all now) Lightly. As I said I will seek proper advice and make a judgement on that advice.

I would never deliberatley put rabbits in any danger - EVER.

I don't know what else to say, as I am very upest by the whole episode.

I hope a customer doesn't come in now!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Don't cry, you have to bond very slowly and two weeks is a bit soon after neutering, it would be better to bond two boys about six weeks after neutering. Maybe you could get yout local rescue to bond them for you? :D

Last edited:
You can see from what people have said/the pics posted here and elsewhere that it's possible to bond boys. And your honesty in posting may well save someone else from being in the same situation, so try to forgive yourself and enjoy spending time with the buns once you finish work :)

I haven't read this whole thread just your first post and I don't think you need feel bad about what's happened at all - rescues will try them together sooner than 6 weeks post neuter, and what happened at the vets was the vet's fault if anyones - thank goodness he's OK after that!

I adopted a group of 5 unspayed girls and was told to just throw my neutered boy in with them on neutral territory and they'd 'sort it out' - needless to say it didn't work, thankfully he didn't get seriously injured as I took him out in time - neither did it work when I housed him next door to a single female also his intended (she got a badly bitten face) - all on the advice of bonding experts.

He's been a happy single bunny for 3 years now and I've no intention of bonding him, and now I have more confidence in myself I listen to myself, not other people as you get to know your own animals and they are all so different - it's not like one size fits all :)

Ignore this post, it is both rude, unhelpful and wrong. There are many neutered bonded boys on here living happily together. :love:

Hope your little one is feeling better soon. :wave:

yes Joanne's post is completely wrong as Benny came to me aged 18months with his brother - they'd always lived together and were fine together :)

Don't feel bad, your only human and we all make mistakes. You are not a bad rabbit keeper, or you wouldn't care. I know how bad it feels to be eaten up with guilt, but the fact is no lasting harm has been done, so just plan ahead as to how you are going to bond your boys, when the time is ready. Let us know how you get on.:D

Hi well sorry you have only brought it on yourself. I have in the past had lots of rabbits and under no uncertain temrs do you put two males together even if one of them has been neutered. You neuter so that if you have female rabbits the male can then not get the female pregnant. Two males will fight no matter what. They could have been brought up together still doesn't make any difference. I hope that you have learnt your lesson from this. I don't mean to come across as annoyed but you should have more sense really. I had two females, sisters they were and one ripped the others nose and lip.Bucks should be kept in separate hutches at all times or else it will happen again but next time you may not be so lucky in patching them up Joanne

What a load of rubbish. It's no wonder people don't feel able to admit something that they've done hasn't gone the way they hoped, when they get responses like that :evil:

Hope Eric and Ernie both recover quickly and I'm sure in time that you'll be able to try again and hopefully end up with a happily bonded pair, just give it a bit of time and then make sure it's all neutral.

Hugs to you, your OH and the buns for what must have been a very stressful week xx

Ok guys, I know Joanne is wrong, but she is a newbie too, it would be nice if she could come back on too and learn from other bunny owners :D

new to this board only

Hi all, well sorry but new to this board i am not to keeping rabbits. I had 35 and I do have experience or else I wouldn't have posted my comments. Yes you all have males now that have bonded but don't be surprised if one day they change because believe me they will. I will not be posting on this board again.
I am not rude at all I think it bloody stupid that someone would put anewly neutered buck in with another and then another thinking a neutered male could go in with alot of females without reaction . If you all think me rude that's you're opinion but one think I'm not is stupid , it just might take you all time to realise yours stupidity that is Joanne

all im saying here is you must if been unlucky as lots (not all granted)of us here have no problems what so ever regardless of how long and of what age and whatever breed, we have no problems of people putting there views but a little tacked might be in order though and support is whats needed not critism every bun id differant some fight some dont, i think the lady in question has learnt her lesson but should not be put off and should be advised shes upset enough as it is, there loads of people here who like you have had lots of rabbits,with years of expeirence, but would not put across the way it been

Hi all, well sorry but new to this board i am not to keeping rabbits. I had 35 and I do have experience or else I wouldn't have posted my comments. Yes you all have males now that have bonded but don't be surprised if one day they change because believe me they will. I will not be posting on this board again.
I am not rude at all I think it bloody stupid that someone would put anewly neutered buck in with another and then another thinking a neutered male could go in with alot of females without reaction . If you all think me rude that's you're opinion but one think I'm not is stupid , it just might take you all time to realise yours stupidity that is Joanne

I've had two males (brothers) together for years and they adore each other.

Everybody has different experiences.

Alot of people have males together and have done so for a very long time without problems.

Thanks for your concerns though, but i am sure we will all be fine...:wave:

Jessica Rabbit - dont blame yourself, give them more time and im sure they will come around. :D

I totally disagree with the above: I have 2 neutered males as part of my trio and they are very loved up. From my experience of bonding rabbits, and that of seeing other people's bonded sets, much depends on the personality of the rabbits, as well as the care taken during the actual bonding session.

Last edited:

Your post has to be one of the most unhelpful and rude posts I have come across the poor girl is feeling awful about what has happened how dare you attack her for it. There is alot of experienced people on here who have boys quite happy living together it doesn't end in disaster for everyone, I think it's a good job you wont be posting on this thread again if you have nothing nice to say.

Last edited:

:lol: sorry, couldn't help myself.

Considering this is another rude post, I'm really quite glad you won't be posting again.

:wave: Hope you're okay this evening Jessica Rabbit xx

Don't beat yourself up about it anymore Jessica rabbit, everyone makes mistakes sometimes and (almost everyone :lol:) learns from them.
I deliberately bred two of my buns 2 years ago, now knowing the extent of bunny cruelty and neglet and the amount in rescue, I feel very embarrassed that I bred mine, albeit only the once. I never would again. So we all do things we reret, most important thing is to learn from it.
Oh and I have had neutered brothers live happily together with no bother at all. They adore each other. So it is possible!! :D x x

:lol::lol::lol: You feed your rabbits guinea pig food, now that is stupid.

Bye :wave:

You followed some advice which you believed at the time to be reliable, there no shame in that. you have learnt from the experience and obviously care for your buns a lot and wouldnt put them at risk again now you know what can happen. I think most of us have made mistakes with our buns at some time or another, I know I have, it's whether or not you learn from it thats the marker of whether youre a good guardian to your animals or not.

happy future bonding vibes :wave:

Hello Joanne,

Many people on this bored has as much experience with rabbits as you do and more so, I am sorry to say you're wrong. I have had males bonded together and they've never turned on each other. You can't take your few experiences as a rule. You obviously have had problems bonding or have not been able to bond together two boys successfully, but just because you can not, doesn't mean others can't.

Now that's not very nice, are you deliberately trying to wind people up. Just because you had 35 rabbits does not make you an expert, for one you have been proven wrong by many members who do have bonded males. And neutering has other benefits aside from stopping rabbits from breeding, it stopped my buck peeing at me, relieved his frustration and has reduced the risk of uterine cancer in my doe- but since we're all stupid and your not you'd already know that.

I'm pleased that you won't be posting again- new or not you should still have some tact, respect for other people and some manners.

Jessica- I hope everything goes okay, I think getting a rescue to bond them would be a good option, it's not an easy thing to do yourself and can really test your nerves and the area would be neutral. I'm sure we've all done things 'wrong' at some point when keeping rabbits but so long as you learn from them that's what really matters :D.

Back