• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could I have some 'vibes' for my little fluff - ud home and recovering well

We just got back, it was as I suspected- he needs his first dental. I knew something wasn't right when I got home today and he had a wet face :( the vet said it has cut his tongue poor wee thing :(

So we are back first thing tomorrow for a dental, in the meantime he's had pain relief gut stimulant (or something like that) plus antibiotics for his tongue ... I have recovery food too.

So now I am worrying about the dental! He is such a tiny bunny and I know there are risks with anaesthetic etc ...

Aww...poor bub :( Lots and lots of vibes from me for an easy dental for him and comforting vibes for you as I can understand the apprehension (just had my wee Yorkie in today for hers and she lost 6 teeth, so yeah, I was a bit sad about that. :( )

My Fiver is a minirex and had a dental in the last month or so himself. He's around of 2-3 pounds I think? I was very concerned since he is also 8 years old now, but he actually did very well having troublesome spurs burred that had pushed into his gums and coming through on the other side of it. If you have confidence in your vet, (this was actually the first time this particular vet did surgery on one of my buns), then it should be just fine. :)

Is Jasper good with taking recovery food? I was surprised with Fiver, I normally have to fight him for any hands on care, but he wound up really enjoying the feedings! :shock: xxxxxxx

Lots of vibes being sent for a successful dental for Jasper and some calming (((hugs))) for you too xx

Aww...poor bub :( Lots and lots of vibes from me for an easy dental for him and comforting vibes for you as I can understand the apprehension (just had my wee Yorkie in today for hers and she lost 6 teeth, so yeah, I was a bit sad about that. :( )

My Fiver is a minirex and had a dental in the last month or so himself. He's around of 2-3 pounds I think? I was very concerned since he is also 8 years old now, but he actually did very well having troublesome spurs burred that had pushed into his gums and coming through on the other side of it. If you have confidence in your vet, (this was actually the first time this particular vet did surgery on one of my buns), then it should be just fine. :)

Is Jasper good with taking recovery food? I was surprised with Fiver, I normally have to fight him for any hands on care, but he wound up really enjoying the feedings! :shock: xxxxxxx

Erm he's not liking the syringe at all! He's never had to have recovery food prior to this but don't think he'll be in a rush to have it again :D I do wonder if it's cos he's got a sore mouth. Any tips appreciated as I think most of it is on my blanket, on me and the rest on his beard :lol: xx

Poor boy. Millions of vibes for his dental. Mr B has had about 10, Cutie-pie, 3 or 4 and Georgia has had 2. I have never lost a bunny having a dental so try not to worry. Thinking of your little fluff tomorrow. Xxx

Thank you :D that makes me feel better.

He will not eat that recovery food! It just ended up all over the wall :shock: as I'm by myself it's an impossible task :lol:

He's just gone in :( very surprised at the price though, but we've never had to have a dental so I wouldn't know if that was the average price or not...

Apparently one of them was really bad. But they are all done now and his claws were cut too, he's surprisingly perky!

We have loxicom, metaclopramide, baytril and Zantac to administer tonight :shock: he's going to love us isn't he!

last dental Georgia had, James came home with a bag of teeth. :shock: She started eating straight away. :shock: Sounds like all will be well for Little Fluff too.

Back