• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could Digby havee vibes...FAB U/D P102!!! :)

OMG i don't believe what they've just told me :cry: he's still under. The tube they used must not have been big enough so he was still breathing around it and woke up slightly. He then bit through the tube and it's gone down his airway :cry: they are now trying to get it out. :censored: idiots!!!! If he dies because they messed up :cry: :cry::cry:

Oh christ :shock: Which vets are these?!

Really hope they can get this sorted with no lasting damage, poor Digby!

Just spoke to vet again. Digby is waking up now, thank god. Tracheotomy went fine and shouldn't cause him any problems apparently. I just hope it isn't so sore that it stops him eating :( he has had his teeth done and swabs from his ears. Please let him be alright :cry:

God I missed this thread. How awful for you and him. Lots and lots of nose rubs from me and Hector. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digby has been given some steroids by the vet after his tracheotomy. Is this ok? Can he still have metacam? He needs metacam for his arthritis and I'm sure he will have a sore throat :(

Digby has been given some steroids by the vet after his tracheotomy. Is this ok? Can he still have metacam? He needs metacam for his arthritis and I'm sure he will have a sore throat :(

Hector was given some stronger painkiller by injection last night which made him a little sleepy. I was told to continue with the metacam as there was no interaction between the two - it seems that it is "good" from that point of view. If one thinks about it, Emeprid is a steroid based I think(?) so, hopefully, it will be ok. It is worth asking the vet the direct question though.

What an horrid situation.

THIS http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=1752 may help you in discussing it with your vet if you are lacking in confidence in your vet given what has happened - I guess until you know precisely what they are thinking of prescribing you can't really interpret it at all. :(

Last edited:

No, he cant have Metacam and a steroid. Have they actually performed a tracheostomy -ie cut a hole in his trachea.

The steroid should provide anti-inflammatory relief for his arthritis. I am assuming he will be given antibiotic cover ?

No, he cant have Metacam and a steroid. Have they actually performed a tracheostomy -ie cut a hole in his trachea.

The steroid should provide anti-inflammatory relief for his arthritis. I am assuming he will be given antibiotic cover ?

Yes they did have to cut it open, and stitch it back up :cry: i have just rung again and he is still very sleepy :( going to call back in an hour. Will check about antibiotics, thanks x

Back