• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can RU help Thumper?

A big thank you everyone.

I'd have never thought of warming a bun by the ears, but it makes such good sense, cos their fur insulates so well it can take ages for the warmth to get through. With the ears it's straight into the blood stream & they know to hop away as soon as they reach the right temp. I'd always wondered why hypothermia has never been an issue when Thumps went into stasis.

Last night the really runny smelly caecs returned, although Thumps is eating Sloe leaves by the handful. I suspect that the problem is getting anything into a caecum which has virtually stopped.

On the good side he was much more lively, but he's quieter this morning. The aspect which I find difficult, is that Thumps gets bouncy when he's on the mend but I'm shattered, & can't keep up with him as I'd like. But it's important for gut motility to encourage him to excercise.

We'll fight on on his other thread now.
I'm really grateful to you all. I hope you understand that I can only take on a few buns on RU these days. Caring for Thumps & doing my best to prevent deteriorations like this seems to take most of my time.

Whenever Nino's ears go cold from slowdown we wrap our hands around them to insulate them and warm them up. :wave:

Hope Thumps's tummy improves steadily throughout the day x

A big thank you everyone.

I'd have never thought of warming a bun by the ears, but it makes such good sense, cos their fur insulates so well it can take ages for the warmth to get through. With the ears it's straight into the blood stream & they know to hop away as soon as they reach the right temp. I'd always wondered why hypothermia has never been an issue when Thumps went into stasis.

Last night the really runny smelly caecs returned, although Thumps is eating Sloe leaves by the handful. I suspect that the problem is getting anything into a caecum which has virtually stopped.

On the good side he was much more lively, but he's quieter this morning. The aspect which I find difficult, is that Thumps gets bouncy when he's on the mend but I'm shattered, & can't keep up with him as I'd like. But it's important for gut motility to encourage him to excercise.

We'll fight on on his other thread now.
I'm really grateful to you all. I hope you understand that I can only take on a few buns on RU these days. Caring for Thumps & doing my best to prevent deteriorations like this seems to take most of my time.

Please take care of yourself Judy... you sound exhausted :(

Oh no! So sorry I've just seen this Judy! :cry:

I hope both you and Thumper are ok. Thinking of you both xxxxxx

Thank you all so very much. I have to end on the happy note.
We've had a completely normal day. :D
Thumper's bowel sounds are much more vigorous, no yucky caecs, & nice waste poops. He's eating & drinking fairly well, but above all he's much more like himself.

I had some parcels to wrap. Thumps was watching, & as soon as I turned my back, turned my nice straight edges into bunny shaped zig zags. :lol:
After all he does get mentioned on cards & parcels, so I guess he's back to "doing his bit". :love:
[Sorry Maizey, but at least you know that he really does help]

Thank you all so very much. I have to end on the happy note.
We've had a completely normal day. :D
Thumper's bowel sounds are much more vigorous, no yucky caecs, & nice waste poops. He's eating & drinking fairly well, but above all he's much more like himself.

I had some parcels to wrap. Thumps was watching, & as soon as I turned my back, turned my nice straight edges into bunny shaped zig zags. :lol:
After all he does get mentioned on cards & parcels, so I guess he's back to "doing his bit". :love:
[Sorry Maizey, but at least you know that he really does help]

So glad he's had a good day :D

Hope you can manage to catch up on some rest now :wave:

I'm so glad that Thumper is feeling better and is helping you wrap the Christmas presents. :wave:

Hello, so sorry i completly missed this thread! :oops: im so glad you have had a well derserved normal day :) thumper is a true little fighter! how old is he now? I bet you both could do with a good nights sleep now after all that you have been through the past few days! im so sorry i missed this, hope he has more normal days to come :love:

Last edited:
Back