• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can RU help Thumper?

Have you got a tumble dryer?
Could you put some towels in there to warm up, they don't keep their heat long but it's something.

Would you like to loan Grim? He's a hot water bunny. But on a serious note I hope things pick up soon for both of you. You're doing an amazing job.

i've only just seen this judy:(

we have paws and fingers crossed here for thumper and you xxx

have you tried the 'annoy him til he moves around more' that i have to use with esme? (sorry, silly of me to ask as i know you will have thought of everything:oops:).

Thank you, Thank you everyone.
He's just passed a huge mass of unformed Caec material. It's not too smelly but definately doesn't smell like Thumper's usuals, so it's dysbiotic.

I'm sorry I panicked folks. He used to do this about every 3rd. or 4th. day when we 1st. started domperidone, & were trying to build up to the right dose for him. He'd go into ileus for 8-18 hours until he'd passed it all. I don't understand why this happens. Once it's all out, he picks up again.
Every 3rd. -4th day was nerve wracking. Every time it happened I thought we would say "goodbye". Like today. It's a case of sitting tight until it's all out now.

I'm really worried that we're back to this stage with all the stops out. I'm so hoping that the Sloe leaves will do their work inside the caecum soon.

Please keep ideas coming in. I'm listening & really don't mind if I'm either doing them or tried them before.
Thanks for the idea about the towel Jenova. Thumper will only rest on the floor or a little bed given to him. His favoutie hidey hole, my dressing table, is in front of a radiator which has been on full. The hot water pipes run under the floor there, so I keep running hot water to warm up the floor too. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you so much every one. You're all fantastic. Please please kep everything you've got coming.

We're in that tight place I dreaded. Thumps has ileus, & there's no obvious cause. He's not very distended :D which is very much his pattern. (Ooo I dread to think what a bloated bun must feel like. It must be terrible.)
I'm off to make up critical care pellets which he prefers, & of course it's keeping him warm, hydrated, & loads of grooming from his companion hoomin.

Prue has added Zantac to his Domperidone. I hope that the combination works.

Worst thing Ive ever had to see/feel was Mae's bloated stomach :(
Glad t hear things are starting to move now :wave:

critical care or supreme recovery are good ... you might have to feed with a syringe though..or organic veggie baby food;) always works on our lot
shredded wheats are good to..
hope that the little chap is back to normal soon:D

So sorry to hear Thumps is not so well today.

I'm sure you're doing everything you need to to get him through this. The only other thing I can think of that may help is some warmed sub-cut fluids- do you have any you could give him?

Lot of love and get well vibes from us xx

Only just found this. I'm so sorry Thumps is unwell. Glad he has started passing some poop. Sending lots of healing tummy vibes. ((Hugs)) xx

Only just caught up with this sending vibes and glad to hear that the crisis may have resolved itself with him getting rid of a load of squishy poos!

Heaops of vibes coming your (and his) way....
Looks like we'll both be having sleepless nights tonight :roll:

Back