• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please be thinking of madymoo tomorrow -Update she's home

well just dropped her off. she had her pillow with her, so it smells like home and she can lay on/dig it. a bag full of timmy hay, food, oats and some treats to tempt her if nothing else will after the GA. i've got to call at 1.30/2pm to see how she is and be told when bob can pick her up.
so now the worrying begins :(

thanks everyone - another update for you. just rang the vet. talked to the nurse. Mady is awake :D and came round from the GA really 'beautifully', she's eaten something as well - thats my girl.
i'm going to pick her up at 3pm and the vet isn't around then so he will give me a call about 4.30 to let me know what he found etc. I thought it was better that i talk to him rather than bob, cos i know i'll be asking bob lots of questions about what the vet said and he will not have thought to ask.
now i've just got to wait for that, and pay the bill :shock:

thanks everyone - another update for you. just rang the vet. talked to the nurse. Mady is awake :D and came round from the GA really 'beautifully', she's eaten something as well - thats my girl.
i'm going to pick her up at 3pm and the vet isn't around then so he will give me a call about 4.30 to let me know what he found etc. I thought it was better that i talk to him rather than bob, cos i know i'll be asking bob lots of questions about what the vet said and he will not have thought to ask.
now i've just got to wait for that, and pay the bill :shock:

Well done Maddy :thumb:

Janex

sounds like mady is doing really well! bless her! if she's eating then sounds like she's already on the way to recovery! great news

right picked her up an hour ago. vet will call in 30mins to give me more of an idea. she didn't look right when i picked her up, and her eyes look terrible. was given baytril, some powder to put on her food or her water, and some metacam stuff (?) which she will need once a day.
got her home and tried to give her some baytril, she went mental and ran across the table and jumped for the book shelf then came crashing down on the floor in a heep. she was then breathing funny for a few secs- clearly shocked herself. I managed to pick her up give her the rest of the baytril, hold her for a bit then put her in the cage. very upsetting. she is very wobbly on her feet and i didn't want to leave her to drive to work :? moses has been given strict intructions to take care of her until hubby gets home from work.

Last edited:
Back