• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of bunnies and piggies from "rescue"/ girls are home, Merlin admitted

Neither Maisey or Renoir are eating more than a few nibbles on their own and still haven't poo'd. Thats 4 days without pooing that we know of :?

They are staying at the vets to continue their meds, the vet gave me the list of everything they are having and I don't know what else they can try :?

However they are happy and bright and seems much less stressed :)

But the problem will now be that they wont know who I am as they have only spent one day here and 3 days at the vets.

Merlin has not improved any more than the few nibbles of veg he has had the last couple of days and is still only passing pin head sized poo's so he is seeing the vet in the morning. But I have opened his cage up and he seems happy to be left to hop around the shed :)

Good news, Renoir has eaten a little for herself. I made the suggestion of trying them with oats as it is all they have been fed in the past, and she wolfed down a whole bowl :)

Isn't it sad that they don't even know what good rabbit food is even though they are obviously hungry :cry:

Maisey is continuing to nibble at shredded veg.

They will be staying in for yet another day, but might be able to come home tomorrow, if they start pooing over night :)

Once I have them home and have the full story I will be reporting the situation. It is awful to think that these rabbits both needed ops and at least 4 days hospitalisation because of their condition, and if left where they were they wouldn't have received any of it :censored:

So glad that Maisey made it through her op, and am still keeping my fingers crossed for lots of munching from all of them!!

Glad to hear that the buns are showing signs of improvement. :) I hope they poo very soon so that they can come home.

Isn't it sad that they don't even know what good rabbit food is even though they are obviously hungry :cry:

It is very sad when they don't recognise good food because they're just not used to it. :( No doubt they've been fed on complete rubbish. It reminds me of the time my friend rescued a duck from a horrible place and she had to teach it to go into the pond because it had never seen water so it didn't know what it was supposed to do. :(

Glad to hear that the buns are showing signs of improvement. :) I hope they poo very soon so that they can come home.

It is very sad when they don't recognise good food because they're just not used to it. :( No doubt they've been fed on complete rubbish. It reminds me of the time my friend rescued a duck from a horrible place and she had to teach it to go into the pond because it had never seen water so it didn't know what it was supposed to do. :(

God thats so sad :( It is real sad when they dont know things like this, things that are just meant to be natural and natural care.

Merlin is eating oats :roll: He also has no idea what rabbit pellets are :(

He is also drinking a lot more which is a start :)

Merlin is eating oats :roll: He also has no idea what rabbit pellets are :(

He is also drinking a lot more which is a start :)

Oh bless them for not knowing what is safe :cry:
I'm so glad they came to you...just in time for a lovely summer *keeps fingers crossed*

Back