• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phillip’s not eating =[ (Much better!)

What a nightmare morning I am having!! Got a call from Anton vets with a request for them to share Phillip’s info with the vet I saw at the weekend. Then they said they’ll be closing my account because I’m registered with a different vet as well as them!!

I’ve had to explain that I go to Anton every 6 months for Phillip’s check ups but it’s too far to travel if I quickly need to see a vet around my work times.

Waiting for a call to see if I can stay registered with them :cry:
It’s too far to use as my local vet but I need to stay registered with them for all Phillip’s conditions as nobody local has the expertise that John does. Feeling very stressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree this is stressful :( I might be wrong, but this might be a case of a receptionist making a decision, which might not be sanctioned by the vets. I don't, but there seem to be several forum members who use different vets (some for vaccinations etc) without having this problem. Perhaps when you next speak to them, ask for a decision to be made by John.

I'm really sorry, this is an extra stress you really don't need right now [emoji17]. I hope it's as Omi suggests in that it's an admin decision that John can overturn.

Fact is that many of us (myself included) have to register with more than one vet. There aren't many rabbit savvy vets, which often means having to travel a lot further to see them. Emergencies also mean we have to just get them to the nearest vet. I think it would be really harsh if Anton deregistered you or made you choose one.

I hope Phillip is doing ok x

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

John just rang me direct. I’m fine to stay registered, what a relief!!

He’s also going to see Phillip this Friday, but he’ll have an overnight stay on the Thursday. Hoping he can make it til then, he’s still quite feisty in himself but just popped home and he’s still not eating so currently syringing him every 4 hours. I’m feeling very stressed today

Going to give Anton vets a call this morning to see what they recommend. I’m at a loss. Typical it’s on a week where my husband and I are both working all week. He’s on gut meds already x

I think pain from his tooth roots is likely to be the primary problem. It is akin to bone pain which, if you have ever experienced it, you will know can be extreme. So he may well benefit from the addition of another analgesic. Sending more vibes for him

Woohoo I just got in from work and he ate a huge piece of basil :love:

John just rang me direct. I’m fine to stay registered, what a relief!!

He’s also going to see Phillip this Friday, but he’ll have an overnight stay on the Thursday. Hoping he can make it til then, he’s still quite feisty in himself but just popped home and he’s still not eating so currently syringing him every 4 hours. I’m feeling very stressed today

Awww. Dennis is going to Uncle John's tomorrow for his eye flush. I hope you get to the bottom of it and Phillip picks up eating again!

I am sorry you are feeling stressed today. I said to OH there is no health in mental health owning bunnies it is just mental!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

d8fdd51d153716509b427ff5b504cd46.jpg

Sharing some snacks through the bars :love:

d8fdd51d153716509b427ff5b504cd46.jpg

Sharing some snacks through the bars :love:

Woah - hang on - hold the bus here. Where have those two absolute stunners been hiding?? Oh my gosh. Look at them - they are beautiful.
Topping up the vibes for Phillip - I hope that he gets back his appetite for food as well as love. xx

Sending lots more vibes for Phillip.. I'm very pleased that John sorted out the secondary vet situation for you :)

Thanks everyone for all your messages. It's 10:39pm and Phillip is currently hoovering up all the greens and herbs that have been left around the house today to attempt him to eat. He's also eaten lots of hay, a substantial amount of parsley and attacked his treat ball. Long may it continue so I get a decent night sleep :lol:

If he keeps going like this, part of me is tempted to keep the appointment with John on Thursday evening just to rule out anything but then the other part of me doesn't want to stress him out again with a long journey and a stay away from home. I left him out all day today whilst I was at work and he seems to have improved since he can see Britney and Whitney. Will have to play it by ear I think.

Back