• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phillip’s not eating =[ (Much better!)

Hugs. I thought about your situation more after I posted & the more I thought, stronger was my feeling I think he should keep the appointment. I didn't say as didn't want to add to the pressure. I know it must feel really horrible but I think its the right decision. Right doesn't mean easy though. Lots of vibes for lovely Phillip xx

This is my view too, particularly because of the bonding. I also agree it really isn't easy. Sending loads of vibes to Phillip.

So I’m home. With Phillip!!

John looked him over - heart steady, weighs the same as a month ago and he’s obviously eating now. He said given all his conditions he’s reluctant to put him under for X-ray unless absolutely necessary because of the risks involved. So he didn’t need him to stay over, but of course if he gets worse again then to take him back and he’ll do the X-ray at that point.

I asked if he thought it might be grief and explained the situation fully. He said although he can’t say for sure, with how everything has panned out, it’s highly likely it could’ve been that.

John also gave the go ahead for bonding and said to email him with an update!

I’m glad I took him for that reassurance so thanks to everyone for helping me to make that decision.

Now to try and make amends with a very grumpy rabbit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I’m home. With Phillip!!

John looked him over - heart steady, weighs the same as a month ago and he’s obviously eating now. He said given all his conditions he’s reluctant to put him under for X-ray unless absolutely necessary because of the risks involved. So he didn’t need him to stay over, but of course if he gets worse again then to take him back and he’ll do the X-ray at that point.

I asked if he thought it might be grief and explained the situation fully. He said although he can’t say for sure, with how everything has panned out, it’s highly likely it could’ve been that.

John also gave the go ahead for bonding and said to email him with an update!

I’m glad I took him for that reassurance so thanks to everyone for helping me to make that decision.

Now to try and make amends with a very grumpy rabbit

the best outcome . I'm really happy Uncle J has given him a good once over & the all clear for bonding. I was actually feeling sad for Phillip stuck at the vets alone overnight (& not knowing why). I wish we could explain why to them. Buns are such sensitive creatures & Snowy was just fabulous so the grief explanation makes sense. Its much better hearing that from a bunny medic who has just thoroughly checked your rabbit over.

I hope grumpy chops forgives you soon

I’m so glad that he has been given the all clear. After the vets, Frosty always sulks for around an hour, Fern gives me the evil eye until I get the fibafirst sticks out :lol:

Wahoo go Phillip lad! I remember Uncle John telling us you have to be "belt and braces" with heart buns so you definitely did the right thing. What's on the menu tonight Phillip? Your favouritist noms I hope

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Dennis had his tear ducts flushed. One is unblocked and the other still blocked. Got to go back in two weeks and hopefully he can flush it through. After that no more appointments except routine check ups. Thank you for asking

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Are they going to be bonded with handsome Philip.

I’m hoping so!! Eek.

So the stress of vets and traveling has made him stop eating again. Honestly this rabbit! Back to baby food and syringe feeds again :roll: :lol:

I'm pleased that Uncle John examined him and sent him home. Perfect result :D

Hoping that this morning's not eating is just the result of the vet journey and that he'll start eating again soon. C'mon Phillip, you've got two lovely lasses waiting for you.

Hows our shiny Phillip today?

He’s much better thank you! I’d still not say 100% but given all the stress of the past few weeks I think that’s understandable.

Here he is at the moment, tucking into the tasty forage that arrived in the post this morning :love:

b02ca6ce0b9423a68b7bd0631217ebde.jpg

He’s much better thank you! I’d still not say 100% but given all the stress of the past few weeks I think that’s understandable.

Here he is at the moment, tucking into the tasty forage that arrived in the post this morning :love:

b02ca6ce0b9423a68b7bd0631217ebde.jpg

I’m so pleased he is feeling better :love:

lovely plantain there Phillip, get it down you quick so you don't have to share. Pleased he's almost back to normal ... does that mean bonding in the near future?

Back