• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Phillip’s not eating =[ (Much better!)

Awwww Phillip. I am glad you have some output, hopefully this is just a wobble because of yesterday xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

So I moved Whitney and Britney’s carrier on to the landing so I could replace it with their new hay tray, and the first thing Phillip did was jump in it and start chinning it. He then ate a couple of strands of hay from it. It’s all he’s eaten willingly all day and he still won’t eat anything else but I’m going to take it as a positive step :love:

9caef5bd61650904353943a17a0e7943.jpg

e04b608139ebe85894f6ee9d94b1c70d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I moved Whitney and Britney’s carrier on to the landing so I could replace it with their new hay tray, and the first thing Phillip did was jump in it and start chinning it. He then ate a couple of strands of hay from it. It’s all he’s eaten willingly all day and he still won’t eat anything else but I’m going to take it as a positive step :love:

9caef5bd61650904353943a17a0e7943.jpg

e04b608139ebe85894f6ee9d94b1c70d.jpg

Yes - a very BIG positive step. he is communicating with you - he is sending strong signals to you. He is comfortable with Britney & Witney's carrier - curious and inquisitive and already keen to mark the area. Small steps but hugely encouraging.
Good boy Phillip and huge hugs and praise to you. xx

That's the thing with bunnies, what does it all mean? Is Phillip jealous of Britney & Whitneys things? Does he want to meet them again? Its good to hear he is eating something now. Maybe you need to have all his meals "appear" from the girls room. More vibes xx

That's the thing with bunnies, what does it all mean? Is Phillip jealous of Britney & Whitneys things? Does he want to meet them again? Its good to hear he is eating something now. Maybe you need to have all his meals "appear" from the girls room. More vibes xx

This.

Maybe you need to have all his meals "appear" from the girls room. More vibes xx

I think you might be on to something!
I just gave them some dill and poked it through the mesh covering their doorway and Phillip ate it!!
Rabbits are so weird

I think you might be on to something!
I just gave them some dill and poked it through the mesh covering their doorway and Phillip ate it!!
Rabbits are so weird

I can't take the credit, I consulted mystical mouse & this was the advice given. Good boy Phillip

He's eaten some dill, a small amount of hay and willingly took 1ml of baby food from a syringe without me having to burrito him. Small steps :love:

No more eating by himself since my last update :cry:

There is a lot of output in his litter tray which is good but then he does take the syringe feeds fairly willingly.

Now he’s nibbling on hay again! No greens or anything else though.

I’m so confused.
I know rabbits are good at masking things but he doesn’t look in pain like he has done before, he’s fairly inquisitive and lying in a relaxed way.

Sending lots of vibes for him. If you can get him to the vets they should be able to give him gut meds and check his teeth etc xx

Going to give Anton vets a call this morning to see what they recommend. I’m at a loss. Typical it’s on a week where my husband and I are both working all week. He’s on gut meds already x

Back