• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peter is here!!!!

Welcome Peter to your new home.

May your days always be filled with love, warmth, safety and your tummy filled with wonderful healthy food.

md321, don't forget to ask if you have any questions and or problems.

There are plenty of us here who can help.

Have fun together. xx

He looks exactly like a bunny i saw last week in p@h in hamilton, just wondered if it was you who took him! He's lovely:)

That's lovely, welcome home Peter!

You wouldn't be the first of us to keep a bunny in a too small hutch to start off with, but glad you are planning an upgrade, Peter will be happier too!

Deffinatly not, Sebastian started life living in a 3ft indoor cage on shavings and not enough hay.

He is gorgeous :love: Does look like he might be quite big though :shock:

Deffinatly not, Sebastian started life living in a 3ft indoor cage on shavings and not enough hay.

He is gorgeous :love: Does look like he might be quite big though :shock:

Me too [well, not me exactly, but my bunnies :lol: ] :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thats why we come onto forums - to get better knowledge

He's a little stunner md321 :love:

Is that his current hutch? As I'm afraid that is still too small :( you would be better buying a bigger one with an attached run.

It would be ok if you attached a larger permanent secure run/put it in an aviary and had the hutch open all the time, basically using it as a place for Peter to run to if he's spooked or to nap.

That is the hutch that he's moving into. It might look small in the picture but actually it's fine when you see inside it. It's not small at all. I can't believe that some people on the forum think that his double decker hutch is still too small. A six foot hutch is not needed because it's only one rabbit i have and it will have MORE than enough room to move around in inside the new hutch. I don't want to hear anymore negative comments about the size of the hutch. Sorry about this but it does annoy me when people say things like that.:evil:

That is the hutch that he's moving into. It might look small in the picture but actually it's fine when you see inside it. It's not small at all. I can't believe that some people on the forum think that his double decker hutch is still too small. A six foot hutch is not needed because it's only one rabbit i have and it will have MORE than enough room to move around in inside the new hutch. I don't want to hear anymore negative comments about the size of the hutch. Sorry about this but it does annoy me when people say things like that.:evil:

It might annoy you but the comments are only for the sake of your rabbit. It is our opinions but it is also the RSPCA recommended size. Rabbits need a lot more space than people think. We're only trying to help.

People only say these things because they care about rabbits. The minimum size that the RSPCA says you should have is a 6x2x2 hutch with a 6x4 run attached. Your double decker looks like a 4ft double max which is nowhere near the RSPCA guidelines.

People arent saying these things to be mean, they're saying them because they know your rabbit won't have enough room

I'm sorry some comments have upset you. :( I've got a 5 feet double decker for my rabbit - I don't regard it as ideal, nor the fact that my rabbit is single. I think he is a happy well-cared for rabbit though. Don't let people's well-meaning advice spoil your enjoyment of your new friend. :)

I'm sorry some comments have upset you. :( I've got a 5 feet double decker for my rabbit - I don't regard it as ideal, nor the fact that my rabbit is single. I think he is a happy well-cared for rabbit though. Don't let people's well-meaning advice spoil your enjoyment of your new friend. :)

^^ this :wave:

Don't let people's comments upset you, although people are only trying to help. What size is the double decker hucth in feet please? And what is the size of the run you have? The RSPCA and rabbit welfare association minimum size for a rabbit is 6ft X 2ft X 2ft hutch with 6ft X 4ft run, but just because a rabbit may be lacking this does not mean the rabbit is unhappy or not well cared for.

Agreed :)

Enjoy your bunny as he settles in with you. There is so much to learn, and I'm sure none of us had perfect set ups when we started out - I certainly didn't :)

Back