• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet shop closing in Ledbury - animals still there

3 of the syrian hamsters went to wonderful homes this weekend! With a bit of juggling and donation of cages from friends, I will have enough space to split all the syrians when necessary. If anyone has a large cage they are able to donate would be so appreciated, I hate having to put them in small things.

Still have 3 of the dwarf hamsters in foster, and so far, no more babies (please god). But, dwarf mum and her 5 babies doing well, also mum (Sooty)and 6 baby rabbits. Sooty is a wonderful mother!

All other rabbits neutered now, two more piggies need neutering, but, getting there, albeit slowly!

Alice

3 of the syrian hamsters went to wonderful homes this weekend! With a bit of juggling and donation of cages from friends, I will have enough space to split all the syrians when necessary. If anyone has a large cage they are able to donate would be so appreciated, I hate having to put them in small things.

Still have 3 of the dwarf hamsters in foster, and so far, no more babies (please god). But, dwarf mum and her 5 babies doing well, also mum (Sooty)and 6 baby rabbits. Sooty is a wonderful mother!

All other rabbits neutered now, two more piggies need neutering, but, getting there, albeit slowly!

Alice

Wonderful! Cant wait to come down and check on them all again. The syrians shouldnt need splitting until they are Marley size *fingers crossed* One Yvettes daughters (Jodie) friends wants another syrian hamster so am going to take a pic and then take him/her down with me when I go and take Marley.

You are doing an amazing job Alice. :wave: Love to all of them, especially my Cocoa Bean..... the OH is still saying no *sob* :evil:

I know this is an old post but...................... yesterday I went to visit Alice at Wind Whistle Warren, and I met a bunny called Nesta. She is almost blind but as with all rabbits is beautiful. When Alice mentioned she had been rescued from a pet shop I just thought it was closing down until she mentioned more about the Animal Warehouse. I have been sat here this morning just looking at Nesta on the Wind Whistle Warren website who was rescued from the Ledbury Petshop and thought I would type it into google.

I had no idea what a humoungous rescue campaign this was to rescue the animals from the shop. I am utterly bowled over by the genorisity and kindness that people have shown towards these animals.

So on behalf of Sarah (my other half), Roger (the rabbit), Bella (the cat) and myself I would like to say thankyou to all your hard work, and how proud I am to be able to give Nesta a new home she is going to be bonded with my young lad Roger and then come to be spoiled with him. Knowing my Roger he will introduce her to his favourite rose bush once they get home and with a bit of magic we will all live happily ever after.

Just come across this thread - well done everyone. What a sad start to life they had but now they will be well loved and looked after.

One of the rescue hammies (the mum and wee babies he 'found' upstairs) came to live with me, Beans in my siggy.

The rabbit that had babies is doing well, she is SOOO wonderful (I called her Sooty) and I think she is away from her babies now apart from the two littlist!!

One of the dwarves had babies like a week or so after the rescue and the babies have grown up and looking for homes now.

Some of the animals have already gone to new homes.

They are all wonderful, beautiful animals, I never got to have Cocoa Bean but have been assured she has gone to a good home.

Thank you everyone that supported this rescue, there was a lot of confusion, driving and a pain in the bum bank holiday, but we rescued as many as we could in the end and NOTHING was left at the pet shop on my last visit (much to my relief and disappointment).

I have now got a newer car, one that doesnt have a dead battery! And LOTS of room, so should this sort of thing happen again, I am ready with LOTS of room to cram those needing to be rescued (and my car does a load more MPG than my Rover...)

Thank you EVERYONE for your generosity in donations.

Couldnt have happened without you :love::love:

Hi,

Yes, this is all very true. I often feel I do not thank people enough who may not run a rescue or sanctuary, but put so much of their time, effort, money and hearts into helping keep the wheels moving.

Most of you work full time as well, some of you are poor students:cry:, and you seem to have as many pets as you can manage, because there are so many needing help. You make such a difference to those animals you assist on their way to safety.

So, if I don't, or haven't said it enough you are wonderful, very special people and the biggest, most massive thanks in the world. And, as this is their thread, the Ledbury Pet Shop animals would like to second it. I just cannot bear to think what their lives would be now if you had not all stepped in.

Oh, I am getting all emotional now, sniff.

(I am a bit worried about Jeanna's bigger car though:lol:)

Alice

:) I want to say well done to everyone too!
And also. WELL DONE ALICE!. :)

I have been up to Alice's twice since the pet shop recuse, and all the petshop animals are anazing little things.... the mum and babies love attention so so much!! :love:

Hi,

Yes, this is all very true. I often feel I do not thank people enough who may not run a rescue or sanctuary, but put so much of their time, effort, money and hearts into helping keep the wheels moving.

Most of you work full time as well, some of you are poor students:cry:, and you seem to have as many pets as you can manage, because there are so many needing help. You make such a difference to those animals you assist on their way to safety.

So, if I don't, or haven't said it enough you are wonderful, very special people and the biggest, most massive thanks in the world. And, as this is their thread, the Ledbury Pet Shop animals would like to second it. I just cannot bear to think what their lives would be now if you had not all stepped in.

Oh, I am getting all emotional now, sniff.

(I am a bit worried about Jeanna's bigger car though:lol:)

Alice

Alice, thank you for being able to have so many arrive at your place and you look for new homes for them, without you, there would have been nowhere for many of the rescued animals to go. You are a gem.

And my bigger car could have saved two trips!! Haha!!

Dont feel we HAVE to fill it up ;)

Only 8 days left at school so hopefully I can come down and see you a bit more! x

Back