• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet shop closing in Ledbury - animals still there

I need to know what I am doing with 'Rhianna's hamster, I dont have an address/number yet??!! Need it by 8am please!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Good luck tomorrow! Hope you can update us tomorrow evening (or whenever you can after such a long journey...you might fall asleep the second you get in!) :D

Good luck tomorrow! Hope you can update us tomorrow evening (or whenever you can after such a long journey...you might fall asleep the second you get in!) :D

I think I can manage an update and squiching the buns before passing out.... hopefully!! I am sure all will go well, thank you for the luck and thoughts, dont expect an early reply.... 9 hour round trip without stopping.....am hoping some people might make cups of tea or let me use the loo if I need to go, lol. Wont be hanging about too much though, I cant wait to get back home knowing I have done a good deed or two :D

Reckon I need to bribe my OH to buy me cake tomorrow for being so awesome, or buy a dessert at his work (hes working 6-close at work so I wont see him till 2am :( Maybe I'll go over for a hot choccy before passing out)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE.

I think I can manage an update and squiching the buns before passing out.... hopefully!! I am sure all will go well, thank you for the luck and thoughts, dont expect an early reply.... 9 hour round trip without stopping.....am hoping some people might make cups of tea or let me use the loo if I need to go, lol. Wont be hanging about too much though, I cant wait to get back home knowing I have done a good deed or two :D

Reckon I need to bribe my OH to buy me cake tomorrow for being so awesome, or buy a dessert at his work (hes working 6-close at work so I wont see him till 2am :( Maybe I'll go over for a hot choccy before passing out)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE.

9-hour round trip :shock::shock: You poor thing, you deserve A LOT of treats after all that.

You will be able to tell yourself you have done MANY MANY good deeds and help prevent lots of animals suffering and having a miserable life. You should be so proud of yourself! :D

Good luck for today - hope it all goes well - will be one very tiring but very rewarding day for you today:)

Well done you:D

Jeanna has just rung. He has sold mummy bunny and babies, and when Jeanna asked about the pregnant pig he said he didn't know anything about her:cry:

Jeanna is on her way back here now.

But, so many have been saved and we will ensure they go to good homes. I am sad the hamsters will not get to their homes as promised, but at least they are safe here.

Jeanna must have driven miles in her mission, and she has rescued so many, your support has been fantastic, so, thank you to all concerned.

Alice x

Well done to everyone who has helped with this special mission, especially Jeanna and others who visited the shop. It's really lovely that we can help to make a difference :)

Well done to everyone who has helped with this special mission, especially Jeanna and others who visited the shop. It's really lovely that we can help to make a difference :)

Yes, it is! And the visits to that dreadful little pet shop must have been quite stressful.

I keep forgetting to remind everyone about the 26 mice rescued 10 days ago. They are with Jackie in Stroud, she can be reached through 'Secret Pennel' on this forum, I would have a fit faced with two shoe boxes of mice to sort out, but, she was cool as a cucumber!

So, I am sure she would love to hear of any good homes available please.

Alice

Im new on the forum and live very close to Ledbury......its 10 mins away so anybody need any more missions or help or undercover work done give me a shout ok,happy to help:D

Ah poor Jeanna, I hope she is not too upset. Its worrying where the mummy bunny and babies and pregnant piggy have gone but we have done our best, especially Jeanna and Alice and anyone else who has been directly involved with rescuing those animals.

Well done for all you have done.

Please keep the extra money I donated for petrol costs and/or towards the care of the animals that have already been rescued. I know it wasnt much but hopefully it can help a little. x

Hi everyone :wave:

Mummy wasnt there :( I was sooo excited about going and getting her, the man wasnt even in the shop when I arrived.... he kids were looking after the shop instead :shock:

Thank you everyone that helped, Sam_spice for taking me there in the first place, my friend Katie for joining me on the second trip and guarding the car when I couldnt turn the engine off!! Everyone for donation, and of course, Alice for having them all and Eastbourne for offering the mum and babies a home xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all
I was afraid this would happen, when I asked the shop owner yesterday at 20 to 1 he said then he had 'nothing' left even though I pushed this further and had my Bafta Award winning daughter to act out the disappointed child, he was adamant that there were no animals available - he was a HORRIBLE man though.

Jeanna, Mai, Sam and Alice, a pleasure meeting you all yesterday and all your lovely residents Alice. Syd is just amazing too, we all fell in love with him.

I think everyone here has done a fantastic job with this pet shop rescue - I know the furries were 'bought' from a pet shop and some people don't agree this should happen BUT THIS WAS A RESCUE - despite the fact money changed hands.

I am so sorry about Mummy rabbit and pregnant piggie - let's just hope someone else like us took them and that we get to hear about it via the forums / rescues etc. Jeanna, you tried your best.

Still looking forward to the hammies joining our family - don't mind waiting the extra week, makes perfect sense - they are only babies after all.

If any runs are needed from Alice to Wales PM me - happy to help.

Ruth and Anya (the Bafta winning child actress!!)

Hi all
I was afraid this would happen, when I asked the shop owner yesterday at 20 to 1 he said then he had 'nothing' left even though I pushed this further and had my Bafta Award winning daughter to act out the disappointed child, he was adamant that there were no animals available - he was a HORRIBLE man though.

Jeanna, Mai, Sam and Alice, a pleasure meeting you all yesterday and all your lovely residents Alice. Syd is just amazing too, we all fell in love with him.

I think everyone here has done a fantastic job with this pet shop rescue - I know the furries were 'bought' from a pet shop and some people don't agree this should happen BUT THIS WAS A RESCUE - despite the fact money changed hands.

I am so sorry about Mummy rabbit and pregnant piggie - let's just hope someone else like us took them and that we get to hear about it via the forums / rescues etc. Jeanna, you tried your best.

Still looking forward to the hammies joining our family - don't mind waiting the extra week, makes perfect sense - they are only babies after all.

If any runs are needed from Alice to Wales PM me - happy to help.

Ruth and Anya (the Bafta winning child actress!!)

Hi there :wave: Was nice meeting you too, I was hoping he had 'reserved' her for me after I carried on about how awesome Syd was lomping about my house and I wanted his gf :(

Stupid man!! What happened to mummy piggy?? I dread to think.... he said he didnt know anything about her :cry::cry: I know hes lying.

Urgh, I hate petshops!!!!

When the babies are sexed ned Wednesday or Thursday (not the one coming) I will send a piccy for you of them in their genders, theyre ready to go the weekend following, if you like, I am happy to meet you in Chepstow or Caldicot, as will be heading to my mums ;) You can pick one out of the pics, of course, you're welcome to go to Alices and choose one in person too, they are SOOOO beautiful. I gave them a box yesterday and they all loooove it :)

And Syd is soooo handsome, we put him out in the run today and he was chatting up all the ladies!! Shame hes going to lose his manlihood soon :) Hehe.

Look forward to seeing you again some time, and seeing you on here a bit?? :)

xx

Well done to everyone involved with the rescue. All 8 guinea pigs who came to Worcester have nice new homes, but sadly one died this morning. :( The rabbits are under the vet, being treated for mites, despite the fact that the pet shop man told my friend that they had been treated twice. :censored:

Oh no, any idea why he or she died? :(

Many of the hams have been adopted, the babies are available o adopt this weekend and Ive put them in gendered groups, 6 male and 4 female. She did have 12 but I think the stress got to her..... mummy has gone to a wonderful home now.

One male guinea has been adopted, the 'horny' male guinea is going in to be neutered tomorrow and one of the small white females has been adopted to a close friend of ours and I am still drooling over the chocolate coloured guinea.

One of the females from the pet shop gave birth soon after arriving at Alices and they are all doing well, as far as I know :)

Oh no, any idea why he or she died? :(

Many of the hams have been adopted, the babies are available o adopt this weekend and Ive put them in gendered groups, 6 male and 4 female. She did have 12 but I think the stress got to her..... mummy has gone to a wonderful home now.

One male guinea has been adopted, the 'horny' male guinea is going in to be neutered tomorrow and one of the small white females has been adopted to a close friend of ours and I am still drooling over the chocolate coloured guinea.

One of the females from the pet shop gave birth soon after arriving at Alices and they are all doing well, as far as I know :)

He was neutered a few days before, but had been eating and drinking and seemed fine, so we don't actually know why he died.

Thats very sad about the boar :(

Further update: Mummy syrian has been retired and is enjoying her spoilt home but now one of the dwarves have given birth........thankfully they are split into singles already so we are hoping there arent any more arrivals!

If anyone wants a hammy, PM me or Alice :)

Back