• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pepper at vets again :(

Pleased to hear that pepper is moving in the right direction Mike, really hope that continues. Hope you both get a good nights sleep tonight, and good luck at vets tomorrow. Vibes for pepper, and big hug for you, you are doing a great job as bunny nurse xx

So sorry I've not posted sooner but I've been a bit poorly so not really reading new threads just reading updates on old ones.

You poor thing! You have had such a worrying time with poor liitle Pepper. I read through this thread with tears in my eyes praying Pepper would be ok.

So happy to read the updates and I hope he continues to get better every day. I guess it's a slow process recovering from such a big op. I was shocked to read about the size of his incision.

You are doing everything right and Pepper is very appreciative of all your efforts and love. Try and look after yourself too. It does take it out of you caring for a wee bun.

Sending you hoppity vibes and a nose bump from Mischief to Pepper [emoji175][emoji235]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

some nomming going on rn. strawberry, sweetheart cabbage & garden grass. not much but better than nothing.
some of the teeniest poops you have ever seen have also appeared.

some nomming going on rn. strawberry, sweetheart cabbage & garden grass. not much but better than nothing.
some of the teeniest poops you have ever seen have also appeared.

Sounding very positive this early on in his recovery. Good luck for his check up today x

continuing to see slow but steady improvement. food intake seems slow but steady, there's more poops and he's generally seeming a bit happier.
first thing in the morning is just checking he is still with us & not in distress but today i witnessed possible ceco eating. he is now just sat there but in a more normal position and his nose is twitching.
just waiting for the vets to open to book an appointment.

i am keen to see his weight when at the vets. he was 1.56kg when i took him in Thursday evening last week.
will probably find out what the bill so far will be today too.

Last edited:
Pleased to hear Pepper is still improving Mike, he's a little fighter isn't he ? Good luck at vets, hope everything goes ok, will be thinking of you both xx

good boy :) , meds time & big struggle with added warning nip :lol:

Last edited:
Feisty bunny is good :thumb: I'm so happy to see he's doing well. :D

These wee ones are fighters. Amazing how they can bounce back from so much, isn't it? :love: May Pepper go from strength to strength. xxxx

ETA: Hope the bill isn't outrageous. :shock:

Really pleased to read that Pepper is slowly but surely improving. Best of luck at the Vet today. Maybe you could ask for some gas and air before they present you with the bill?

I hope the vets trip went ok mike. It sounds like pepper is feeling a bit more independent so hopefully it’s all going the right way.
Craig

Back