• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG MORE KITS

sgprescue said:
bunnylove said:
sgprescue said:
I would agree with giving the babies veg too. When I had the litters here last year I gave them plenty of veg and the babies just started eating with mum. The babies all turned out very healthy. As long as they are brought up on it there shouldnt be a problem.
If you want to give her a calcium suplement there is one made for small animals by sunseed. I will see if I can find it online for you.

thanks cheryl, so would it be ok to start them on it now they are four weeks old!?

Yes, shouldnt be a problem. I would start with fresh grass first and gradually build up the veg :thumb:

is the frsh grass not to rich in the summer time? for first tasteings?

bunnylove said:
sgprescue said:
bunnylove said:
sgprescue said:
I would agree with giving the babies veg too. When I had the litters here last year I gave them plenty of veg and the babies just started eating with mum. The babies all turned out very healthy. As long as they are brought up on it there shouldnt be a problem.
If you want to give her a calcium suplement there is one made for small animals by sunseed. I will see if I can find it online for you.

thanks cheryl, so would it be ok to start them on it now they are four weeks old!?

Yes, shouldnt be a problem. I would start with fresh grass first and gradually build up the veg :thumb:

is the frsh grass not to rich in the summer time? for first tasteings?

Not if you introduce it gradually. Remember their digestive system is designed to eat most grass anyway :thumb:

sgprescue said:
Couldnt find the sunseed one. I just done an order with the wholesaler yesterday so could have ordered you one then :roll: Batleys sell it if you have one nearby. If not I just found this one, you can use it for rabbits http://www.24parrot.com/__12_product_info3_asp2_5_prdID4_43085_usrID1_14.html its also on this page http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/reptiles_vitamins_minerals.html

does she really need the calcium supplement or cant igive her it through kale and stuff like that?

bunnylove said:
sgprescue said:
Couldnt find the sunseed one. I just done an order with the wholesaler yesterday so could have ordered you one then :roll: Batleys sell it if you have one nearby. If not I just found this one, you can use it for rabbits http://www.24parrot.com/__12_product_info3_asp2_5_prdID4_43085_usrID1_14.html its also on this page http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/reptiles_vitamins_minerals.html

does she really need the calcium supplement or cant igive her it through kale and stuff like that?

Its up to you but to be honest I wouldnt bother. I had a bunny last year that came in pregnant along with her young babies and I didnt give her any supplements, just lots of hay, grass, veg and pellets.

sgprescue said:
bunnylove said:
sgprescue said:

Its up to you but to be honest I wouldnt bother. I had a bunny last year that came in pregnant along with her young babies and I didnt give her any supplements, just lots of hay, grass, veg and pellets.

i will see how she goes, shes just looking a bit thin! did try offering her and the babies some goats milk a while back, but they didnt take any

I don't know if it's already been answered but buns have 6 teats. And each doe has them in a different place! My friend who keeps angoras has to be extra careful when clipping as they're all over the place lol.

raven_guest said:
I don't know if it's already been answered but buns have 6 teats. And each doe has them in a different place! My friend who keeps angoras has to be extra careful when clipping as they're all over the place lol.

so how do you feed 12 rabbits in 6 teets? :shock:

She'll produce extra milk for extra mouths and this will make her uncomfortable and want to feed more so she may stay with the litter longer or she may do several feeds.

raven_guest said:
She'll produce extra milk for extra mouths and this will make her uncomfortable and want to feed more so she may stay with the litter longer or she may do several feeds.

ok thanks for the info!

About 4yrs ago one of mine had seven babies and she use to feed them in a 4 and a 3 it was so funny cos she would go in the bedroom and stamp her foot and the 4 (always the same ones) would go to her to be fed and once they came away she would stamp her foot for the remaining three to go and be fed. It was so funny to watch as she would be playing out one minute then jump on her chair to get into her hutch (she would stamp her foot for me to open her hutch) :lol: :lol: :lol:

kayj said:
About 4yrs ago one of mine had seven babies and she use to feed them in a 4 and a 3 it was so funny cos she would go in the bedroom and stamp her foot and the 4 (always the same ones) would go to her to be fed and once they came away she would stamp her foot for the remaining three to go and be fed. It was so funny to watch as she would be playing out one minute then jump on her chair to get into her hutch (she would stamp her foot for me to open her hutch) :lol: :lol: :lol:

roflol - i bet that was hillerious, i remmber my bracken was soooooo despresate the feed hers she kept running in the sleeping compartment and running out to see if i had gone :oops: :? :? so i stuck to my guns :shock: and in the end she gave in and just feed them arhhhhhhhhomg to see them little ******* flip on to there backs :shock: :shock: with them oversized feet stuck in the air :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back