• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG MORE KITS

raven_guest said:
Make sure you're feeding mum plenty of pellets and veg (her usual amount of veg so she doesn't get diarhea) It might be an idea to talk to your vet about a calcium suppliment for her as does bones can suffer when they feed as they lose all the calcium through feeding.

I'm sure she'll cope, worst comes to the worst find a breeder forum and ask for a foster mum, they're geenrally really helpful if they can help.
http://www.rabbitbreeders.co.uk/forums/index.php?

vet said there is no calcium sup for buns :?

Phill said:
can you get some kale or spring greens from the supermarket there high in calcium XX

i was just thinking that! trying to get the babies from not having there share will be a pain! :shock:

Phill said:
lololol you probs wont stop them though eve XX

didnt think you was supposed to feed baby buns veg? i normally hand feed her veg and brush bunnies away when they try to pinch some :lol:

bunnylove said:
Phill said:

didnt think you was supposed to feed baby buns veg? i normally hand feed her veg and brush bunnies away when they try to pinch some :lol:

Any babys i've ever had have had veg when mums had veg if they've been on solids

Phill said:
bunnylove said:
Phill said:

Any babys i've ever had have had veg when mums had veg if they've been on solids

really? how many litters have you had phil?

bunnylove said:
Phill said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: thought there bellys werent really for it?

Well in the wild they would be having grass and leaves as soon as they come out of the nest at about 3-5 weeks old so the way i figured it there was no way to keep mum away from the babys while she was having veggies and no way of stopping the babes from munching away!

OMG Eve :shock: , mother should be ok as at least she will be getting alright things to eat with you so that should help keep her strength up.

I should have some space in a bout 4 to 5 wks time so if you need any help in rehoming please don't hesitate to shout.

Good luck and at least they have you thank god to look after them all :D

kayj said:
OMG Eve :shock: , mother should be ok as at least she will be getting alright things to eat with you so that should help keep her strength up.

I should have some space in a bout 4 to 5 wks time so if you need any help in rehoming please don't hesitate to shout.

Good luck and at least they have you thank god to look after them all :D

thanks kaye may take oyu up on that if the other one drops too :shock: :shock:

I would agree with giving the babies veg too. When I had the litters here last year I gave them plenty of veg and the babies just started eating with mum. The babies all turned out very healthy. As long as they are brought up on it there shouldnt be a problem.
If you want to give her a calcium suplement there is one made for small animals by sunseed. I will see if I can find it online for you.

sgprescue said:
I would agree with giving the babies veg too. When I had the litters here last year I gave them plenty of veg and the babies just started eating with mum. The babies all turned out very healthy. As long as they are brought up on it there shouldnt be a problem.
If you want to give her a calcium suplement there is one made for small animals by sunseed. I will see if I can find it online for you.

thanks cheryl, so would it be ok to start them on it now they are four weeks old!?

bunnylove said:
sgprescue said:

thanks cheryl, so would it be ok to start them on it now they are four weeks old!?

Yes, shouldnt be a problem. I would start with fresh grass first and gradually build up the veg :thumb:

If there eating Solids Eve i would say so yes, they wil probably help themselves whilst mum is eating anyway XX

Back