• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Omg Louis Just Ate A Load Of Elastic! - UPDATE: He's in Surgery :(

:D Erica is amazing - in my opinion thanks for the support Faye!

I have collected Louis and he looks better than he did this morning and a hundred times better than he did last night. His poo is becoming more solid, he has eaten a little bit on his own and he seems brighter. He has been giving lots of pain releif and he had a shot before he left to top him up and has also been sent home with some science recover to give him if he doesnt eat or drink a lot.

He is back at the vets at 9.30 tomorrow for another follow up and then we are going to take it from there.

sounds promising :D good luck to both of you with tonight xxx

I am VERY happy that Louis is beginning to feel better!!!!!:D :D Continuing to send mega-strong Get Well vibes his way!!! xxx

Louis is getting a little better all the time. He isnt 100% yet and he doesnt like to be seperated from me but he is picking up.

I took him to the vets this morning and she offered to have him in again if I felt he and I needed it but I said that I would bring him home. She gave him another shot of painkiller and something else, I forget what it was, and thinks that he really shouldnt need anything else. She felt his stomach and said that it had shrunk back to a normal size, which is good and she said if he really didnt pick up fully in the next few days she would do another x ray just to be safe.

I was SO surprised how chilled he was about being back there and also how much all the staff made a fuss of him and said how lovely he was, they all knew his name and what had been wrong with him, even the people I hadnt seen but who had obviously seen him.

Needless to say before we left I took out rabbit insurance! - he has 2 months free, which is good and it is about £9.20 a month

Louis seems to be going from strength to strength. He must still have a sore tummy because he isnt guzzling his food down him like he used to but he is eating little and often as well as drinking plenty.

He does seem to be a changed bunny since this all happened, he is a bit quieter and a lot more loving - it may just be because he still doesnt feel 100%.

He is now also a mummies boy :D :D :D He LOVES fusses and cuddles, where as before he was always "Im just going to put up with this till you decide to stop and leave me alone" - He is also getting a bit jelous if I fuss Grace :roll:

Oh and he groomed me a little the other night which made me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy as neither of my buns had done this before and then today just groomed me for the first time a lot!!!! - I am VERY VERY happy now!!!!!! - Everytime I scratched her back, and she seems to like a good back scratch, she would lick her feet or the wall or anything and then stop when I stoped, so when I did it today I put my hand there and she started to lick my hand and then she was like a bunny possesed she wouldnt stop licking my hand well after I had stoped scratching her back! - :D :D :D - She was given craisins straight after for being a lovely bunny and then she escaped her cage and ran off under my bed :roll: LOL

I've just read this entire thread, and I'm so glad that Louis is getting better! I bet your so relieved!

You sound like a happy mummy at the moment! :D

Back