• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

OMG I HAVE JUST HAD THE SHOCK OF MY LIFE!!!!!!! VERY LONG

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys do you remeber about 5 weeks ago a posted a topic called Quarentine? Because three of my buns, Spot, Velvet and duff had escaped? Well i was all worried about VHD and Myxi as there vaccines had ran out. Well i recently moved velvet in with Pan, Holly and Toffee and there getting on fine! I have just been feeding all the buns and noticed a splodge of fur in one corner of spot and duffs house i did'nt think anything of it through the week as they are all moulting, but the pile was rather big so i decided to remove it i nearly sh*t a brick when i put my hand round it, it wriggled!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I thought it was mice or something but when i looked there were 7 BABY RABBITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my heart jumped out of my mouth!!!!!! I have checked mum and all the babies and all are fine the babies are about 4-5 days old have hair and colour and are very wriggely. There are there spotty ones 3 wild colour and 1 black one!!!!!!! I will be keeping all the females but will be looking for good homes for the males.
I Can't beleive it i am still in major shock!!!! i am shaking smoking like a chimney and need a very stiff brandy.
Duff (neutered male) is still in the run with spot, now he was more worried about me looking at the babies that mum was he is a very easy going rabbit and as i say neither him nor spot have been acting out of the ordinary, i had apsolutly no clues at all spot did'nt even look or feel pregnant not even an enlarged inpple to be seen all i have seen for the last week is spot and duf out playing inside snuggleing and being generally very relaxed.

IM IN SHOCK :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Diddeen said:
omg! :shock: Guess you rabbit had a good time when she escaped :wink:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Chris!! I bet she had a whale of a time!!

I have now had (not brandy but a cup of tea) and calmed down a tad im gonna go out and check them shortly just to make sure there ok.

omg phillipa, you wont let that happen again! :shock: you better handle them babies alot because they are half wild and hope to tame them!

go get another drink gal!

Oh the baby's wil be handeld every day eve, Im gonna feep alll the females and if i can't find suitable homes for the males i'll be keeping them aswell!! :shock: That takes me up to 23!!!!!!!! Buns, i can't stop shaking though! Spot is just acting totally normal and just looking at me as if to say calm down dear there only babys and going back to grooming herself. I have had buns who have had baby's before and there have always been warning sighns but this time nothing! As for not letting themm escape again, since they did they have been moved to one of my kennels and not an outside run they can't dig there way out of there it's conctrete!! :shock: :shock:

How did u manage to get the escapees back after their bid for freedom??
im sorry but i cant stop laughing at the image i now have in my head of your bunny giving you a look that says 'calm down dear.. their only babies' (reminds me of that annoying car insurance advert) :lol: :lol:
I hope the babies do ok anyways and you manage to home some of them... cant wait to see some piccys when they are out of the nest

This is the bezzar thing chris my mum and dad saw velvet and duff running across the field at the back of the house and dashed out and grabbed them but spot was still in the run! so we now assume she must have dashed out had her wicked way and dashed back in!!
Any way here are some pics

Mum (spot)
PhillsPicture380.jpg

The nest (now who the hell would notice that)
PhillsPicture381.jpg

wwriggley abbies (well the ones at the top)
PhillsPicture382.jpg

oh dear!! thats what i was like when Sugar had hers! it was such a shock!! and funny you should say your balck one is bigger Sugars black baby was huge!! but was the last one to open his eyes!!!

6 weeks old today!!! not long till they part!!! eating anything and everything in their paths!!! Sugar looks like she could do with a break as well!!! poor cow, they have eaten most of the hutch stairs and walls!!!

Oh Dear very naughty babies. because these are half wild i am going to be keeping most of them! OMG :shock: I can just taste the vets bills now!!

Never mind fun i've gotta build another run now!! My mums getting chickens tonight and taken my last kennel! EEEK :lol: :D :lol: Im turning in to a farm!!

Back