• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not eating Oxbow Bunny Basics

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

I've been feeding my girls a mix of Science Selective and Oxbow Bunny Basics for about 3-4 months now. They'll always adored the SS but still ate the Oxbow. Now however, they eat all the SS, nibble a bit of Oxbow and then leave it in search of hay. They are eating everything else ok so I suppose it isn't dental or GI stasis, just a dislike for it. The bag of Oxbow is still in date but has been opened for 3-4 months now and still about half a bag to go. I'm wondering if the taste has changed over time and they just don't like it anymore. They've always had SS since they were little, so I'm wondering whether to cut out the Oxbow and just keep them on SS, as they seem to do well on that anyway?

personally, i tend to go with 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it!':)

any particular reason you're changing them over? many people use ss - and i wouldn't worry if they're eating loads of hay anyway.

personally, i tend to go with 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it!':)

any particular reason you're changing them over? many people use ss - and i wouldn't worry if they're eating loads of hay anyway.

They've been on Oxbow for 3-4 months already. It's just they are not eating it now, so I'm asking whether to give the Oxbow up and just use SS?

Back