• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any experience with Rosewood pellets or Bunny Nature?

dollyanna

Alpha Buck
I like the ingredient list because it's pretty much a pellet version of what we feed fresh, but any personal experiences would be appreciated. Looking for the young one but also for Odin, if I can find a pellet that doesn't upset him with his veggies then it gives me another way to boost his intake without adding bulk that puts him off eating his fresh.
Tempted to get a bag of each of the bunny nature and just use them as a mix/treats but that's quite an investment!

I presume you mean the Meadow Menu? I can't see a separate one for one suitable for young rabbits. Also, whilst I very much like the sound of the ingredients, I'm mindful of the fact that I have previously tried mine on grass pellets with added herbs, which surprisingly they wouldn't eat. So I would be nervous in buying a 9kg bag (I couldn't find a smaller bag).

Also, this chart helpfully compares dry foods and I was surprised to see the comparison of fibre and protein between the Meadow Menu and what I have fed here for ages, Science Selective. I would have thought that the Meadow Menu would have a higher fibre value.

I also feed mine one stick of Fibrefirst each every day, which they like and I also like the ingredients. Would this be suitable for Odin?

Thanks - Odin already has fibafirst but they have the same reaction as pellets if he has too many, and they still have ingredients I'd rather not feed too much. I've got a 2kg box of Rosewood coming today (only a fiver or so on Amazon) to try, I was thinking that it is pretty much a concentrated version of his normal diet, so I could maybe get more of the same in with less effort on his part, then he still has plenty of space for eating normally too? He will very easily just not eat his normal diet if he has too many concentrated things which has a knock on effect on his teeth and gut very quickly.
Rosewood says (somewhere!) that is is suitable for all ages, but yes, I am a bit wary of that especially being a giant. Hence thinking of trying him with the Bunny Nature Junior - probably a better quality too, the German horse and rabbit foods I've had in the past are generally excellent quality in comparison to ours.
I also found that Agrobs do rabbit pellets - I love their horse feeds for the Fell ponies, and have used the grass pellets for the big buns in the past to have something to put in their enrichment toys, and the fibre content is incredible, 30% or something similar. Not sure if I can get it in the UK but I'm going to look today. I'll compare the analysis with the horse feed too because it may well be the same thing in a smaller bag.
I was thinking maybe Luggage would benefit from some Alfalfa too while he's growing? I wonder if that might be worth a try for Odin too?

The other thing with the fibafirst is that I'd really like some pelleted something to use in toys for Luggage while he is still isolated, so that we can keep him better entertained. That's the main reason I had pellets for the big guys initially too.

Back