• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Eating Or Pooing !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my rabbit has a headache I him a paracetamol it takes the pain away from him.
When my rabbit has diarrhoea I give him Imodium it settles his tummy.
When my rabbit won’t sleep I give him some sedatives it sends him off into the land of nod.

I’m sorry but self medicating a rabbit with human medication does not do the desired affect that I does on a rabbit or any other animal for that fact. We all buy medication from the vets because it’s tested for rabbits and rabbits only. If we took a rabbit pain killer do you think it would work, if we had constipation do you think fibre feed would get us going again? I think not!
If you have a rabbit with problems and can’t afford to get it fixed at the vets well maybe you should review your spending limits can you really afford this rabbit if you have to self medicate?
You cannot physically see what harm you are doing to the rabbits insides, what happens if that medication is damaging the rabbits kidneys or heart, you cannot say that it’s not as you cannot see the insides of your rabbit.

Can't believe so many of you fed the troll. :roll:

Mr Troll:Nom Nom Nom

:lol:

I agree - what or who the heck??? !! Although, it may be best to put some good, sound advice on threads like this incase some other person uses up the remaining half of their one braincell and decides to medicate their bun with something bought in tescos!!

Can't believe so many of you fed the troll. :roll:

Mr Troll:Nom Nom Nom

The problem is if you leave a post like that uncontested, what happens if someone does a search looking for advice and finds that:shock:

People have to give correct advice, hopefully this thread will be deleted:)

It is NOT a good idea to self medicate your rabbit. If she/he is ill then you must take them to a vet.

By the way, please report posts rather than rowing please :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back