• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Eating Or Pooing !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARE YOU THICK !!!!??????

My bunny has been to the vets a lot and i could not get her to the Vets again ok, AND MY BUNNY GETS TREATED VERY WELL BY ME OK. FOR GODSAKE I SAVED HER LIFE AND EVEN THE VET THE FIRST TIME AROUND DID NOT GET HER EATING. I HAD ENUF OF YOU LOT. I LOGGING OUTA HERE FOR GODD.
ALSO I LIKE TO SEE WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU CANT GET TO A VET OR HAVE ANY MONEY LEFT !!!!!!
MY BUNNY IS ALIVE AND WELL >>>>>GET it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No im not thick you seem thick though.
Ye *your rabbit has been to the vets but i couldnt get her there again* so how exactly did u know it was the exact same problem & just treat her yourself without any diagnosis...

Yes good that you saved her life.. its just the way you did it is ridiculous you should have taken her to the vet you could have killed her:shock:

All im saying is you should take her to the vet if shes ill EVERYTIME, never give her human medicines or hold her on her back.. :shock:

UTTER BUllocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I BET IF I SAVED YOUR BUNNYS LIFE AND YOU HAD NO MONEY LEFT THEN YOU WOULDNT BE BLIMMING MOANING AT ME WOULD YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't trust you with a rabbit so it's not going to happen is it!, I make sure I take all my rabbits to the vets for proper treatment, I do NOT buy medication from Tesco and self medicate

Yes the vets may do the same using the correct medicine, She stopped eating and they charged you a few hundred quid? well then there must have been something really wrong with her and you could be making her so much worse giving her human laxative when you dont even know whats wrong with her! she could have some serious problem!

Whether youve *read up and stuff* its not the point!

I am not talking about her accomodation im just disgusted with what you do:shock:

ARE YOU THICK.......YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT........I SAVED MY BUNNY AND GOT HER WELL AGAIN YOU IDIOT!!! MOST GUYS WOULD NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT A BUNNY RABBIT !!!!! DO YOU NOT SEE THE GOOD IN WHAT I DO...OMG....YOUR REAALLY ANOYING....GOODBYE !!!!!!!

ARE YOU THICK.......YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT........I SAVED MY BUNNY AND GOT HER WELL AGAIN YOU IDIOT!!! MOST GUYS WOULD NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT A BUNNY RABBIT !!!!! DO YOU NOT SEE THE GOOD IN WHAT I DO...OMG....YOUR REAALLY ANOYING....GOODBYE !!!!!!!

That is so rude, it really isn't nice to abuse people

I think you are the one missing the point, you should always take your rabbit to a vet for treatment and you should never self medicate

Thats twice youve asked me if im thick:roll:

No i am not missing the point i understand you saved your rabbit the way you did it though was :shock: so it makes it a bit hard to *see the good in what you do*

Look whats done is done all i can say is next time your rabbit is ill take her to the vet and DO NOT SELF DIAGNOSE!

Good grief. I really think you should take a step back and look at what you are being told. Is your Caps button defective or something?
As you seem to be a very new member here, Snowy has A LOT of experiance with sick buns...as she runs a sanctuary.
If she would not self diagnose and medicate......well, to me that says it all. Fair enough if you have had the symtoms present previously and have been given advise from a vet as to how the rabbit should be treated, but to do so without advise from a qualified vet does seem a bit reckless. To give a rabbit human medicine is very dangerous. It fact, the only thing I can think of that is human medication that I would give to a bunny is infacol, and that isn;t even really a medicine.

Thats twice youve asked me if im thick:roll:

No i am not missing the point i understand you saved your rabbit the way you did it though was :shock: so it makes it a bit hard to *see the good in what you do*

Look whats done is done all i can say is next time your rabbit is ill take her to the vet and DO NOT SELF DIAGNOSE!

AND YES YOU MUST BE THICK AND DO NOT READ !!! I HAD NO MORE MONEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND I KNOW MY RABBIT VERY WELL AFTER 3 YEAR....OMG . YOU ARE WELL ANOYING...JUST SOD OFF WILL YOU...

OH AND BTW. MY BUNNY IS VERY HEALTHY AND HAPPY ..AND ALOT OF VETS DO NOT HELP AND KNOW WHAT TO DO AND MANY RABBITS DIE WITH THEM.

Last edited:
As you say you have "read up on stuff" so what I say here you probably already know, but I will post it for those who may not have "read up on stuff".

Placing a rabbit on its back as described is akin to trancing which has been proven to elevate plasma corticosterone levels in the rabbit.

Rabbits are lactose intolerant. Lactose is a disaccharide (2 sugars) made up of glucose and galactose (which are both monosaccharides).You have noted that this miracle cure you have found (Laculose) contains lactose. The pH of lactose is in the range of 4.1- 7.4 depending on modification, yet an adult rabbit's stomach has a pH of 0.9-1.0.

I hope this is of benefit to those of an open mind.

As you say you have "read up on stuff" so what I say here you probably already know, but I will post it for those who may not have "read up on stuff".

Placing a rabbit on its back as described is akin to trancing which has been proven to elevate plasma corticosterone levels in the rabbit.

Rabbits are lactose intolerant. Lactose is a disaccharide (2 sugars) made up of glucose and galactose (which are both monosaccharides).You have noted that this miracle cure you have found (Laculose) contains lactose. The pH of lactose is in the range of 4.1- 7.4 depending on modification, yet an adult rabbit's stomach has a pH of 0.9-1.0.

I hope this is of benefit to those of an open mind.

It was probably the extra Fluid intake and Pinapple juice that all helps with Digestion!!! that cleared her Gut up ok!! anyway i really cant be bothered with this...strange that some have sujested Infacol to give to them for wind...yet that is for Babaies and NO vet as ever mention that to ME!!
anyway, i have a very good instinct about things. my bunny is very Healthy and well !! hmmmmmmmmmmm

:wave: IF and when my Mini Lop Bunny stops eating and pooing... OR after a teeth op, at the Vets ,then this is what i have Learned to do. This Works for My Bunny AND has saved her Life !!!
From Boots Chemist, i get for around £5 a Human Laxative called on the Bottle.... LACTULOSE Ph Eur. it contains Lactose and is for human Constipation!
I tryed giving this to my Bunny as my frend had it in her Kithen and my Bunny i Beleve was not eating Due to her Gut slowing Down and being Blocked up...as can happen to Bunnys ! So i give her Fluids to get her Gut Movement going again then she stars to Eat as well. I put her onto my Lap onto her Back but tilted up..so that she will NOt Choke, i give her a small feeding Syringe of 1ml morning and evening.. and also 2x1ml of PURE pressed Pine apple juice from tesco! and then 1ml of fresh water , to wash it all down and to get plenty of Fluid into her or she would dehydrate and maybe Die !
So 4ml in all ok!!! morning and bedtime !!!! squirt this up into her Mouth from the side behind there front teeth, so not to choke them!!!!
My Bunny then will start to do Normal Regular Poo's again and eat and Drink again.....ITS AMAZING that i Learned this Myself and have Saved my Beautiful Bunny !!!...........
Also i wind her like a baby a bit when shes on her back and also when she comes upto me on the floor and when she in her Cage, she lets me stroke her and Pat her on her Side......awww Bless her !!!! Patting gently!! her little belly at the sides and massage her belly incase she is Blocked up and has any wind..all of this is a Great Healer and it Works well for My Bunny !!!!!
Also her teeth get Checked and done at the Vets about Yearly for arond £140 as her teeth grow a bit crooked etc etc etc .

:shock:

Whilst Lactulose can be given to Rabbits it should only be done on the specific advice of a Vet after clinical examination.
Lactulose is an osmotic Laxative and whilst it can be helpful in certain circumstances giving it without first consulting a Vet could do more harm than good.

I am glad your Rabbit recovered but I would strongly advise you to get her teeth monitored regularly (about every 8 weeks maximum) by your Vet even if she is still eating OK

Also, pain relief is generally necessary in situations like you have described and again this MUST be obtained after consulting a Vet.

Syringe feeding/giving fluids, meds etc should only be done with Bun in the upright position. Even with her front end elevated your Rabbit was still at risk of aspirating the feed/meds whilst on her back. Aspiration pneumonia is often the result and more often than not it is fatal. :cry:

ETA- Who's abducted all the mods...................... :?

Last edited:
maybe cause it was 2 am? Eitherway....I'd say this thread should be removed....not only is it very rude but giving TERRIBLE 'advice' which could do someones bunny A LOT of damage :?

At least he's stopped shouting :roll:, but I agree with you I think the thread should be removed because of it's content, very bad advice :shock:

:shock: even if you run out of money ask your vets if you pay in instalment :shock: I would NEVER self medicate my rabbit, especially not with a laxative :shock:

I really don't know what to say. Having no money is no excuse for not going to the vets. I used to work at the RSPCA clinic and it was only £4 for a consultation. Yes a lot of vets do not know a lot about rabbits and can give bad advice but that is why it is so important to find one that is good with rabbits. Self medicating is even worse. :?

And there is no excuse for rudeness. This forum is for people who have all sorts of different views to come together and discuss them. Being rude defeats the whole point.

Oh dear :shock:

If the OP is still around all I can say is find yourself a decent rabbit savvy vet if you dont trust your own. You obviously love your bunny alot and take good care of him but as people have explained self medicating can do more hatm than good.
As for the money situation, as this bun is a dental bun with frequent stomach problems the fact is that if you have no money you cant provide the proper treatment this bun NEEDS. Rehoming might be best for the bun.

Oh and stop being abusive and shouting at ppl who are trying to help, its very immature and will make ppl turn against you (as has happened!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back