• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nomad -U/D 22nd Feb-Brighter Now :-)

He has done a few tiny poos and is eating again. There are also some healthy gut sounds. So at least his tum appears to be working again. I am just so worried about the recurrence of bladder sludge. I am making the necessary dietary changes and giving him supportive fluids aswell as his abx and pain relief.
His Xrays last week did not show any stones in his bladder or Kidneys. He has not had a 'bladder sludge' problem before, as far as I am aware and so I dont understand what has caused it now :?

He is a confirmed EC Bun and has had three 'active' episodes. Incontinence being one of his symptoms. I dont know if there is any connection between EC and bladder sludge :?

Maybe he as picked up on how Ill sarah has been,I really dont understand the ins and outs of bunnies minds and what causes them to get Ill.How is beautiful little Nomad this evening?

How is Nomad this morning?

Much brighter :) Thank you for asking.
He is still doing just tiny pinhead poos. But he has not passed any more bladder sludge and his bladder feels normal on examination. I am trying to get him to drink as much as possible.
Next thing is what to do about trying to bond him. I only have two other single Buns and they are both Bucks :?
I dont really want to try to bond him into an established pair as 1- I dont think groups of three work well and 2-I dont want to jeopordise an established bond.
I cant adopt any more Rabbits

:?

Im so glad Nomad is starting to improve.This is so sad when a loved one dies,poor little Nomad must be missing Sarah so much.I really hope that you can find a solution when he gets better

Could Nomad be bonded with one of the bucks?

I dont think I'd try with Harry. He is way too manic and Nomad is an old boy.
The other Buck is Fred. He is a nervy Rex with a delicate tum. I could try bonding Nomad with him but I cant say I am optimistic about a good outcome. Also I am terrified of bonding stress exacerbating Fred and Nomads health problems.......................:?

Last edited:
Glad Nomad is a little brighter this morning Jane - come on little fella, keep going in the right direction for your mummy xxx

I dont think I'd try with Harry. He is way too manic and Nomad is an old boy.
The other Buck is Fred. He is a nervy Rex with a delicate tum. I could try bonding Nomad with him but I cant say I am optimistic about a good outcome. Also I am terrified of bonding stress exacerbating Fred and Nomads health problems.......................:?

Yeh thats always a risk. I think the stress of bonding Graham played a big part in him becomming ill this week.

Looks like you will have to get a new lady bunny!!!

Back