• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noah - u/d p58 he's home & his abscess has been fully removed!!

Awwww Denise, I have everything crossed for you and Noah, one of my giants had a couple of jaw abcesses removed a few weeks ago and he was fine:D.
Thinking of you
xxxx

Thank you everyone - Noah has been laid in bed with me for the last hour just snuggling & grooming me :love: I didn't want to get up, because I knew that I'd be preparing to take in to the vets :cry:

I feel sick at the thought of taking Noah in & just pray the op goes well & is a success.

I'll update as soon as I can later.

Thank you Davina, Jane & Alison - Noah is just wandering round the garden before we set off in about 10 minutes.

I'm always nervous when any of our buns are going to the vets, but feel so anxious about Noah - I don't know how I'm going to concentrate at work today :cry:

Thank you Davina, Jane & Alison - Noah is just wandering round the garden before we set off in about 10 minutes.

I'm always nervous when any of our buns are going to the vets, but feel so anxious about Noah - I don't know how I'm going to concentrate at work today :cry:

Hope it all goes well today.

Thinking of you and Noah and sending loads of vibes.

While at work when you start to think about Noah just picture the mental picture I told you about yesterday at least it will cheer you up a little bit;):lol::lol:

Update of Denise

I have just had atxt of Denise to say Noah as had all the capsules removed and a dental (YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY). She doesn't know the cause yet but will find out later when she goes and collects him.

Thank you so much everyone for your vibes & kind thoughts - I can't tell you how much we appreciate them :)

Well we're home & bless him, Noah looks so sorry for himself :( They fully removed the abscess capsule & have done a dental at the same time, as he'd one or two molars.

However, they don't think it's his teeth thankfully - but more like a tiny puncture wound that's turned into an abscess :? I took Noah in a few weeks ago as he became sore under his chin & was scratching - they think it's probably happend because of this. He had abx for a few days & we kept putting dermasol on it which cleared it up. We've put it down to some hay or a tiny thorn from the hay working it's way under his skin that for some reason has resulted in an abscess all of a sudden near his jaw :?

They decided not to do an xray as they didn't think even though he needed his teeth slightly burring that the roots were the problem. They didn't want to do an xray for the sake of it. They've said obviously if it comes back & needs removing again, then they will xray him but because of where it was & that the abscess came out whole & showed no signs of tracking, they are hopeful it won't.

They even saved it for us to see :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: That was nice to see just before tea!! :lol::lol::lol:

Noah is very sleepy & obviously needs to get over his GA & I know there's a chance it might come back - but I can't tell you how relieved we are so far! :)

He's currently sleeping in a pen & he'll stay there tonight & tomorrow until he feels a little better. It'll be strange not having him on the bed with us tonight but it's for his own good.

Thanks again for thinking about our special lad :)

Last edited:
Phew I can breathe again now !!
I was going a nice shade of purple :shock:

I am SO PLEASED that Noah has come through the op' and by the sounds of it the abscess has been fully removed :D

Back