• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noah - just left us for the bridge

Oh Helen, I'm so so sorry.:cry:

I hope you can take some comfort from the fact that he was in loving arms when he passed.

Binky free at the bridge Noah.

Thank you everybody for your sympathies.

Ivan the vet is performing a PM this morning in the hope that we might learn what took him and in turn help others in the future by us learning a bit more about rabbits.

I left him with Harriet over night and he has already gone to the bridge. The frail body and lovely face was not that of my Noah, it was just a shell.

He had never been right since we took him in, and had recently been treated for gut and dental issues, but this was a massive shock. As so often is said - he was perfectly normal earlier in the afternoon. Eating and coming up to the wendy house door to see what was what.

I feel like he had a stroke. His heart was beating really fast when I found him, he was floppy and had been drooling from one side of his face. He appeared to have had a seizure while I was holding him, he had already wriggled when I picked him up, but maybe he was just in such pain he was leaving us already.

I hope to know the reason he has been taken from us too soon by Ivan having a look at him more closely.

What to do with Harriet now I've no idea. She is missing him already and is very quiet. So wrong for her to be on her own in this weather. I can't see her working with any of our pairs as she is a grumpy bus, but I guess we will have to try.

So sorry, may he binky free xx

(this reminds me so much of Daisy, she was fine and then gone, she waited for us and then went in our arms after having a fit - just awful :cry: )

sending hugs your way Helen

Thank you all.

What doesn't help, is that now we've had the Pm results back and there was nothing of note to indicate why he went.

I guess I will carry on having the what ifs and maybes......

Back