• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noah is at the emergency vets

Sounds similar to Humphrey who's just been admitted too. :cry:

Oh no :cry: I hope Humphrey starts to feel better soon.

Update from the vet this morning is he started eating overnight, and so they are waiting for poo and that will show that the blockage is starting to break down naturally which is what we want. They've also cleaned him up a little as he was a complete mess being completely white with runny diarrhoea everywhere, bless him, and it had started to matt. He's such a clean and tidy bunny normally.

They've said they will ring me at lunch but I have no signal at all at the client today so will have to go for a walk and ring them. I'm not getting my hopes up at all sadly, this seems spookily similar to the events that led to Skye's death, same symptoms and she seemed to improve and was about to be discharged back to me then went downhill v fast at the vets and they couldn't save her. I'm praying Noah doesn't do the same :cry:

Oh no :cry: I hope Humphrey starts to feel better soon.

Update from the vet this morning is he started eating overnight, and so they are waiting for poo and that will show that the blockage is starting to break down naturally which is what we want. They've also cleaned him up a little as he was a complete mess being completely white with runny diarrhoea everywhere, bless him, and it had started to matt. He's such a clean and tidy bunny normally.

They've said they will ring me at lunch but I have no signal at all at the client today so will have to go for a walk and ring them. I'm not getting my hopes up at all sadly, this seems spookily similar to the events that led to Skye's death, same symptoms and she seemed to improve and was about to be discharged back to me then went downhill v fast at the vets and they couldn't save her. I'm praying Noah doesn't do the same :cry:

Prayers for Noah. I hope the good news is sustained x

Just had another update from one of the nurses - Noah is continuing to eat for himself, and has just passed some more diarrhoea. They've taken him off IV fluids but left his canula in just in case he needs them again.

Got to call again in half an hour to speak to the vet and get her opinion

Not sure yet when he might be coming home. I think they will want to keep him in until he is eating and poo'ing normally again.

Just spoken to the vet, Noah is definitely staying overnight again as they're not happy with his output.

I am going to go and see him later though :)

He will like that :D Are you going to take him goodies and herbs etc, or do the surgery provide them?

Well when Sweep was there (scarily pretty much exactly a year ago) they were picking all sorts for him, so I assume they're doing the same for Noah, but will take some bits just incase :) Apparantly he is 'eating' but whether he is eating like normal is another question (he is such a foodie rabbit).

Sorry for the late update, was quite busy last night

So I went to see Noah last night, he is looking much better, thank goodness. When I got there he was passing normal poo again, albeit a lot smaller than he usually does, but a brilliant improvement :)

Waiting on the vet to contact me, but he's probably coming home later today :D

Some photos from my visit last night, he was still feeling a bit sorry for himself but had a good explore of the room and sat down next to me for nose rubs;

76E4C15B-E3F0-45DE-9C94-CFA1726BE303_zpsrp3pbhh2.jpg

A4F4F871-2477-4353-BF6E-EF3BD274159B_zpscur6yt6h.jpg

C8CA79E0-F3BB-41C8-971D-036FC4992A4A_zpsju1g5plr.jpg

Gosh I love this little (well, quite big actually :lol:) man so much. I really thought I wasn't going to see him again when I first left him at the vets (throwback from Skye, I think :( )

Back